Memory Leaks ??

Previous topic - Next topic

ggindlesperger

Sorry to to be so naive on this. I am learning as I go here. I have been working on a simple game. I tried running it with the memory leak test in Xcode. It reports I have 4 after letting it run for 2 minutes. My question is what causes them in GLBasic? If I know wheat causes them I can probably figure out how to fix it. I've been trying to erase sprite and sound data after they are used and reload when needed. The app runs fine with no problems, but I do not fully understand how a memory leak happens more or less how it happens in GLBasic.

Thanks so much in advance,
Gary

MrTAToad

If I remember correctly, you will also get those in XCode - they can be ignored.

mentalthink

HI, Gary, I´m not expert in this theme, but when I try some of my programs on Instruments, always apperas memory leaks, if you try a sample in Xcode occurs equual (if I not remenber bad), my experience on APPStore, and the always I look is how much consume the applicatio, when the application arrives over 50 Mg, in my case, my iPod crash, but not is very dificult hold the application between 15//30 Mb, only delete what don´t you need on the stages or in any part of your game.

For delete use this

Load (sprite sound), and into the "" put a name what don´t exist, this is the mode for free memory, I tell you because, I make an error whit this, and only has making increment the memory.

Best Regards, and welcome to this wonderful communty

Iván j

PS:
My error.
I Put alls my sprites or sound to ID 0: ex loadsprite "myplayer",0  This is very BAD  :rant: