Would love a way to mark code

Previous topic - Next topic

mykyl66

I am working and testing GlBasic alongside my friend. The biggest issue is we both have different times when we can get on and do code. I would like a way to show my changes in the code by perhaps colouring the font as red and he could colour his purple or whatever.

Perhaps the ability to colour your remarks with a code. e.g anything after // can be an explanation of the code. What if there was a way to setup an alternative in the configuration. e.g. //m/ would put anything I added after this in a certain colur.

Im not sure what way to be honest but a way to share code and see who changed what would be handy.

It would allow easy scanning of the code to find changes the other has made and discuss problems or solutions.
Probably not thinking this through very well but I hope you get the idea.

Mike R

Moru

If it's nothing secret you are developing I suggest sharing code on www.etherpad.com

Schranz0r

Logfile on top of the project?

Code (glbasic) Select

LOGFILE:
---------

- MyFriend: Add some stuff to draw sprites...
- mykyl66: create a new function SuperDraw
- MyFriend: Fixed a bug on SuperDraw

and so on...

I think thats the best way, colors confused to much
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mykyl66

I took to just copying and pasting the code into a separate document with information on where the change is.

Cheers

Mike R