PowFish - please test for Android and Windows

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I'm happy to give both a quick play, but I won't have time until Tuesday.

What specifically do you want me to test? Give full details and I can then check out those bits first.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Thanks :) Please note the downloads I set up yesterday are now obsolete. The latest I put on Monday evening.

Just these few things need testing specifically:-

* The game should save its exact position on exit and resume play on start, unless the app was running for less than 1 second, in which case the player is taken to the the starting menu.

* It should save and successfully reload the challenges and high scores data.

* Previously when the gesture area was touched while in a game it immediately shut down. I think ALLOWESCAPE FALSE should have fixed that but I'm not sure.

There was a bug before that either prevented saving of player progress on some devices or wiped it out after 5 or more challenges had been completed. The code that handled loading and saving has been completely rewritten, so if there are problems, they shouldn't be repeats of previous problems.

BdR

Looks great, I was just wondering though.. how did you get the water wave effect in the background? :good: it looks so cool!

Do you use 3D vertexes with the background image as texture? Or do you only use the 2D functions and move "slices" of a bitmap image? Any chance of posting an example in the Code Snippets section?

Wampus

The water effect is already posted in the code snippets section :) Click here.