[SDL] Announcing SDL 2.0.0

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

mentalthink

This have a lot of new things!!! about OpenglES I suppose they speak about 2.0 and 3.0 , I don't believe continue whit OpenGLES 1.0.

Now I think the 3D in GLBasic changes a lot, I read a lot of things of 3D implements in SDL2.

Thanks for sharing, I investigate a bit, I hope to make runs in visualStudio or CodeBlocks (I think here they put templates)

erico

I have read somewhere here that GLB will jump into the sdl 2, this will be awesome!
Some great times coming! 8)

kanonet

I dont know how GLB is coded internally, but I could imagine, that it would be easier to maintain, if all possible platforms would use SDL2 internally. So I think this are good news.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Marmor

Yap kitty said one day he will use it .

MrTAToad

Although SDL usage could now be increased, especially as native windows are now available!