Perhaps Palm Pre comes again

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

http://mynewpalm.com/  =D =D

About this web doen't it's old, I read in a Blog, seems Alcatel have idea to get Palm for Alcatel Devices, seems in Alcatel web thet put prahses making reference to Palm Pre, the guy of the Blog said perhaps it's very possible we have a phone with 4 O.S, in fact Pixe 4 and Alcatel Phone have  Android, Firefox and PHone8 in the same mobile device (not it's in the market), but they comment perhaps can be another 4th OS into the Phone.

I think the next steps in Phones will be focused in this point, put a couple or third OS in the same phones... "I think like another maketing Strategy"

Well only we have to wait, perhaps we can do again interesting things whit the formidable WebOS or another similar OS.

erico

A phone with multiple OSes? That sounds strange on my book, but heck, considering android is quite there, what wrong could it do?
Also, were is that linux ubunto os promissed so many moons ago? it looked fine too.

Still, I´d love to see web os back on the road.

mentalthink

Yes Erico I read this news about Alcatel, the Phone it's called Pixe 3 or something similar and will have into Phone 8, and android... perhaps it's some way for put Phone 8 more visible or get more clients.. really I don't know the reason, but if the phone not is too much expensive , for developers can be good news, only a phone and testing in some diffferent platforms...

About Ubuntu some guys told me, seems something happends and for the moment don't appears in the market, the date is now, at begin of 2015... In fact you can dowload the Ubuntu for mobile devices, I think in Galaxy phones runs, but really not it's the Ubunut desktop, it's something similar but focused in phones, and I think not it's like have your computer in a 7 inch screen...

erico

I checked the news, I think the chinese don´t want to loose clients just because of OS so they are packing it all.
I also just checked that meego pad t01, a TV stick that runs windows (finally!) and it comes dual boot with android and they promise support for ubuntu.

spacefractal

look like doing dual boot is just a waste of space on the memory, which can been quite very tight on a Phone device. So im is very not fan when im seing this kind of devices with dual os, exampiing can been rare with dev. But not as a consumer phone, which im thinks can confuce the user when its have various OS experimence.

Im also heard both Microsoft as well Google does not like dual boot devices. So those which tried it quickly got then punished out of market.

Instead they should really do various model instead, which can choice the installed OS, if you ask me.

PS. We have two thread about this device?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/