ZX keyboard from this year... (New device )

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

I think it's a bit expensive 99 Pounds, but in Euros it's a bit more, and a real ZX cost about 60E here in Spain... But if you don't want speculator and I think this works in any screen with BT this it's your device (I prefer will be an Amstrad but...)

I don't read too much about it, but I see too much better than the other model, it's like a console, only whit 6 buttons and really ugly to show.

http://www.ebuyer.com/708786-recreated-zx-spectrum-kyb-zxspectrumbt

MrTAToad

mentalthink

I read in the web the pre-order for 99 Pounds , but I think it's expensive, I know about another device just appears this days, it's done for a guy of UK , but only have 6 buttons it's like a console not a computer, the saphe it's the same like the old ZX, really it's more ugly , give the impressions of bad quality in the plastic...

I think if the people do this devices it's because have a market on the people wants buy, but really the nice it's the real of the 80's and it's more cheaper.

erico

sure shot, a bit expensive for a fancy keyboard.
I´d rather buy a Das keyboard (mechanic) instead.

MrTAToad

Yes, it's very expensive.  I bet we start seeing a fair new new ZX Spectrum BASIC games soon though!

mentalthink

wow !!!  I never ear this keyboard form Das macnufacturer... really cool and elegant keyboard... I real always the better mechanic KB are the cherry , but this it's really nice...

For me the best KB it's comes with last moderns Apples, are relly affordable I think more than a mechanical, I have here a old Ibm from 80 ' s when the material was metal and not plastic , and it's really slow pick code and at the 1:00 of the night you can do a lot of noise whit the keys , I think now the buttons have to be another tech, but the Apple KB it's really awesome...

erico

They have cherry blue or brown, I prefer the one that is more silent, the brown ones.
There is this das keyboard and wasd keyboard:
http://www.daskeyboard.com/
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

I´m trying to save money to pick one up sometime this year, while at ~150 dollars, it will get to brazil at about 3x that price. :(

Slydog

I've owned the Model S Ultimate Das Keyboard for a couple of years:
http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/
Very excellent build quality, and types like a dream.

Only issue is I thought I was a 'leet' typist and got the model without any key markings. (But it looks so cool!)
While I have no trouble typing any character or key without looking, I do have a problem when I'm not in the 'typing pose' with your fingers on the 'home row' keys.  If I'm surfing and I have to type the number 6, I have to position my hands, then figure out the 6 key.  Hard to tell by just looking.

I see they have a couple of newer models out now - I may have to consider a new one!   :-*
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

mentalthink

Yes this shop it's very interesting, I don't find another doing the same, you can custom a keyboard, I love one it's grease and the function keys orange... Awesome, but any custom key cost 10$, if you custom all the keys the keyboard cost 1500$ + or -  :D :D :D :D

About don't have typed the letters it's very good for typing, I don't look too much the keyboard but always turn down the head a lot of times.

Anothe awesome it's the mini, I think it's a cherry KB, it's similar to ZX Spectrum +, the older of the 80's, you put the ESC in red, and it's really really nice...

I don't know if I will buy a keyboard like this, the next month I think I will change my machine, I had 10 years ago...

MrPlow

love my Mini Noppo Choc 84 keyboard - its sweet and cherry mx switches
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

Nice Keyboard MrPlow, I think the problem of mechanic KB are in the middle of the night when don't ear any noise, I have an old keyboard make the same sound like yours, and really I have to change because pick the keys was a bit disturb...

For me the best KB I touch it's the Apple, the metallic whit very slim keys...

But sure this kind of Kb are best in quality, we know how works apple...