Ide Tabs(Suggestion)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi it´s possible make in the Ide, when you want close a lot of tabs(files of your project), make something whit right button, like say "Close all but current" or something similar... normally I work whit 10 or more source files, and sometime close one by one, it´s a little slow for works...

It´s possible agree this option... sorry if this it´s comment yet, I don´t look too for this theme...

Iván J.

Kitty Hello

Ctrl+F4,F4,F4,F4?
I can implement such a function - no problem.

mentalthink

Yes Gernnot , I know this... But perhpas if you pass of pressing F4, somthing program can close?¿...

Don´t care if it´s to much work, don´t care about this, I only give the idea, like in Firefox of another browser, I think it´s usefull, but how I told you, don´t care, not it´s absolutely needed...

Thanks...

Falstaff

Yeah I have over 20 files in my project and definitely end up with lots of tabs open all the time.. I don't know why, but ctrl-f4 doesn't work for me, on either my desktop or laptop. Another way to do it other than right clicking each individual tab would be great.

Also I don't suppose we could change the shortcut from ctrl-f4 to ctrl-w :) I love this shortcut from web browsers, and many of the web development IDE's that I use support it, like Aptana or Dreamweaver. Plus I don't get why ctrl-f4 doesn't work for me.

Slydog

I would love an option for double-clicking a tab to close it!
I set that up for my Firefox, and Notepad++, and it is quite handy.

You could offer a right-click context menu on the tabs.

• Close Tab
  • Close All Other Tabs
  • Undo Close Tab(s)
  • Rename (Renames the source code file)
  • Copy File Path
  • etc
Just throwing this out there!

[Edit] I see there already is a context menu, with 'Close' and 'Next'.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Falstaff

Middle click to close tabs is another part of firefox that works good too..!

mentalthink

THXS Falstaff I don´t know this trick... will be very usefull in the Editor...