Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: Red Wizard Island
« Last post by erico on Today at 06:26 am »
Looking pretty good.
But I think you should add more to it on the dev part, it helps a lot.
You did a lot already here on the forum, add some stuff there as a dev blog maybe.
Announcements / Re: Red Wizard Island
« Last post by r0ber7 on Today at 12:25 am »
Announcements / Re: Reggie World ( Pandora , PC )
« Last post by Slydog on Yesterday at 11:01 pm »
I agree - great video!  Can't wait to play this game, it is a great showcase for what can be done in GLBasic!
I tried my 3D maze game in GLBasic years back but gave up, and moved it to Unity.

I still like dropping by the forums here though to see what's happening, and what people are creating.
Your source code must be well organized and modular to create something this complex!
« Last post by mentalthink on Yesterday at 10:05 pm »
I see the video and like me a lot... The graphics is a bit like in the 90's but are really cool, you are doing a very big project.... Very very nice all I see... Continue it, I think is a very good game done in GLbasic, the best I see in 3d for now... I think you are the only guy doing serious 3d in the forum...
Off Topic / Re: EXE to C or Python
« Last post by spacefractal on Yesterday at 09:42 pm »
quite controversial.......

We might should obfuscate for service like this to avoid piracy, security and thing like that. Thread locked due decompilers is very controversial.

PS. Other Admin fell free to unlock it (and im respect that). But I'm VERY against this kind and of service really.

Off Topic / EXE to C or Python
« Last post by Paul Smith on Yesterday at 08:59 pm »
Found and tested this website the other day retdec.com

It converts EXE's to C or Python. The results come in the form of code and visual loop drawings.
I've been using it and ollydbg to reverse work related programs.

Anyone else tried or been looking for something like this?
GLBasic - en / Re: Android screen orientation
« Last post by spacefractal on 2017-Apr-27 »
What set in resolution might not respected as orientation anymore, but its should just detect the current resolution and use that. This is the way to do that on Android. Im have simply just used orientation as the originally intended on that platform. Also SETORIENTATION() can start in any value in any orientation. This is the reason im fixed that orientation, because its was not respected that value in old glbasic and then failed on some devices.

You can do set on orientation needed as im wrote in androidmanifest.xml:
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/activity-element.html

in iOS, both orientation simulation does still NOT work. But you can do set it to one orientation (example portrait) as SETORIENTATION() here would allways start as 0, unlike Android. SO you can set it to portrait only and simulate that. but if you dont need both orientation, then use xCode orientation features and let the system do that for you. Old orientation code from iOS7 and down is removed as well.

Also dont except ID to do a real ID. Since its not a real ID, then im fell the command is very wrong and hence its should been removed and gone for ALL platforms. There has also been heavy debate about that hardware ID. Also randomUUID is not a real ID. Its best to change it to different than "ID", etc call it "SEED", which is set once per installation.

« Last post by dreamerman on 2017-Apr-26 »
Also use GLB_ON_LOOP and all that stuff...
For now to set landscape/portrait I was using different resolutions in project options.. something like 9999x9998 for landscape, and reversed for portrait, tested on older OS versions, all was working fine..

One thing about device ID's, how is that PLATFORMINFO$(ID) generated? Currently on those systems there is so many id generating options for apps made with standard SDK's. Recommended way to generate random guid for android is:
Code: GLBasic [Select]
String uniqueID = UUID.randomUUID().toString();
There is also Advertising ID that can be used to track ads (similar thing is on WindowsPhone). I never used Android Extras in-app purchase code, how there particular device/user is recognized?

Such 'coding guide' would be great as sometimes it's hard to track little things that can cause problems on mobile devices. Even in form of forum topics..
« Last post by nabz32 on 2017-Apr-26 »
That the way i will do it from now on, easter then up Loading it to an external server anyways.
« Last post by Moru on 2017-Apr-26 »
That's a good idea, does anyone have time to put together a "Best practises coding guide" for Android and iOS? I think that would be incredible useful to get started with those platforms. There seems to be all sorts of edge cases that needs special treatment and a lot of compile/upload/test-cycles to get working right.

I know I would love such a guide :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10