Racing game

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Might be an idea!

The only problem is that transparency stuff must be rendered last which could complicate things...

erico

I see, but what if the transparent is more like, let´s say, the glass cubes on minecraft? something more like clipping?
I had a game here that would suit as inspiration for you, but last harware crash :( made me loose it.
I will look around and see to update this reply.

finally found it, check this:
http://teknopants.com/games/uberleben/

hope it works out as inspiration!

MrTAToad

Any type of transparency would have to be processed last unfortunately.. :)  The usual mode is for the camera to be in front of the object

Good game though...

erico

Is your player ball made inside glbasic? or do you load an object?
I see it gets painted by the surrounding light as a non-smooth ball object.

MrTAToad

It was created using AC3D - the spheres could probably do with having more verticies, but too many would be a problem...

Crivens

Can't you just use an alpha on it so it is transparent?

I saw a game on WebOS that looked very similar and they were charging over £2. Better graphics fair enough but not by much.

Yeah I have at least 2 games like it on my iPhone. Forget the names though..

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

MrTAToad

Could do, yes...  Haven't decided yet though :)

One thing I need to put back in is objects that slide into and out of the tunnel.  I had hoped animated objects would do it, but Milkshape only works with boned objects, so it needs to be done programmatically...

MrTAToad

I've gone as far as I want with this, and have now included the source code.  It requires my usual library code and DDgui, so cant be compiled as it is.

I've also included my Trailblazer test code (using more or less the same graphics routine too).

[attachment deleted by admin]