BulletPhysics for GLBasic... first preview! :)

Previous topic - Next topic

backslider

Hi guys,

if you love physics in 3D games, but you don't know how to implement it...
I'm writing a BulletPhysics - wrapper library for GLBasic, so you can use it without much physics knowledge!

I don't know when I will publish the lib and the functions for glbasic, but it won't take too long, I think!

In the demo are 625 falling boxes (only on Windows PC! Later for iDevices etc., I hope! :)).

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

oh. cool. I can make my CogWork game for iOS then.

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Crivens

Excellent. Hopefully will be fast enough on mobile devices (any chance of Android and WebOS?)! Out of interest on the most simple of levels would this allow decent collision detection for complex 3D objects?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

bigsofty

Wow, should be great.  :good:

I've used Bullet on iOS via iXors in the past, even compiled the static lib via GLB but it sucked ass on the iPhone. I don't think that it was Bullets fault though, the version that was used in iOS was not optimised for the platform at all and I've seen other iOS bullet examples run fine since then.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

Quoteit sucked ass on the iPhone
Hopefully the newer version works better!

Cheers

erico

backslider

QuoteExcellent. Hopefully will be fast enough on mobile devices (any chance of Android and WebOS?)! Out of interest on the most simple of levels would this allow decent collision detection for complex 3D objects?
- Bullet should be fast enough on iOS I think, but we will see. :)
- It should work on Android and WebOS if it works on iOS.
- At the moment you can only create simple bodies like a box, sphere, cylinder, cone and a capsule but Bullet itself supports complex models! So yes, in the future it should work with complex 3D objects! ;) Maybe I will write a DDD-Import Function, so you can load your glbasic models directly. But first I have to check how to implement complex meshes!

QuoteReally great! chances of a video? :good:
In the first post is a demo program... Maybe I will record a video later. :D

Cheers

erico

I tried it, looks wondeful.
Could you update the demo to have user controlled camera? like left/right/up/down all targeting center + zoom in/out?

Sorry the request, I´m just way excited by it.
The video would be more like a ´show the world´ kind of thing, don´t bother.

That + shadows and I would piss my pants... :-[

backslider

Quote from: erico on 2012-Feb-29
I tried it, looks wondeful.
Could you update the demo to have user controlled camera? like left/right/up/down all targeting center + zoom in/out?

Sorry the request, I´m just way excited by it.
The video would be more like a ´show the world´ kind of thing, don´t bother.

That + shadows and I would piss my pants... :-[

That should be possible! ;)
I will do it later at home and update it.

erico

thanks backslider...that ought to be seen closer!
congrats for the work!

I tried changing the texture to diferent ones but it seems each cube is square mapped by that,
Idea was to get the colors of the glbasic logo there and... would ask " can anyone spot where it landed ´correctly´?"

Like I said, I´m quite excited by it, too much bullet tests on blender on this side... :good:

Crivens

QuoteBullet should be fast enough on iOS I think, but we will see.
Crossing everything I have for that one! I mean it doesn't need to handle 600+ falling cubes, but fast enough for a simple enough game would be awesome!

QuoteIt should work on Android and WebOS if it works on iOS.
Nice. Sounds great if it all works out! Keep up the good work!

Cheers

bigsofty

Quote from: backslider on 2012-Feb-29
- At the moment you can only create simple bodies like a box, sphere, cylinder, cone and a capsule but Bullet itself supports complex models! So yes, in the future it should work with complex 3D objects! ;) Maybe I will write a DDD-Import Function, so you can load your glbasic models directly. But first I have to check how to implement complex meshes!

Couldn't X_GETFACE be used to extract the mesh data, rather than write a full importer?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)