DEBUG ASC(MID$(test$,4,1))

You can do

Code (glbasic) Select
DEBUG ASC(test$,4)

mentalthink

:happy:

Thanks Mrtatoad  :nw:

Qube

10.179 still draws wrong with polyvector (fuzzy stuff as detailed earlier)  :rant:

Kitty Hello

Yes. I had no time to check that, yet. But, can you try if it's just a matter of SMOOTHSHADING FALSE after each SHOWSCREEN?

Qube

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Nov-22
Yes. I had no time to check that, yet. But, can you try if it's just a matter of SMOOTHSHADING FALSE after each SHOWSCREEN?

Unfortunately not :'( - I tried adding SMOOTHSHADING TRUE after each SHOWSCREEN plus after every X_MAKE2D and it made no difference.

It's not a big problem as I can continue to use 10.118 as that was the last version that worked perfect :) - I will start complaining when I come to putting my game onto Android  =D

MrTAToad

Did you try SMOOTHSHADING FALSE too ?

Qube

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Nov-22
Did you try SMOOTHSHADING FALSE too ?

No, because it was originally with 10.118 & SMOOTHSHADING TRUE and it worked :nana:

*EDIT*

I added SMOOTHSHADING FALSE after each X_MAKE2D command and it works as it should do if using SMOOTHSHADING TRUE at the beginning of your App :good:

I guess this mean that SMOOTHSHADING FALSE is currently working in reverse? + after each SHOWSCREEN this is being reset?

*EDIT 2*

The above works fine for static images but rotation is not aliased.

Ruidesco

SMOOTHSHADING is indeed reset to TRUE after every SHOWSCREEN or X_MAKE2D in your code.

Qube

Quote from: Ruidesco on 2011-Nov-23
SMOOTHSHADING is indeed reset to TRUE after every SHOWSCREEN or X_MAKE2D in your code.

There's more going on than just a state change :S - If I use SMOOTHSHADING TRUE it will display a little fuzzy but rotate properly without jaggies.  If I set to SMOOTHSHADING FALSE then it'll display fine but then the rotation shows jaggies.

I used to set SMOOTHSHADING TRUE at the top of my code and POLYVECTOR would display and rotate perfect. After 10.118 that changed. It's like half of SMOOTHSHADING (static / rotated) works for the opposite state.

I'm sure Gernot will fix for a future update :)

Wampus

*nudge*

Smoothshading problem still occuring. Been a month. Getting worried. Its kind of a big deal.

Kitty Hello

I can't reproduce it. Can you please assist?
I will make SMOOTHSHADING ALSE the default for new updates. Might draw sprites a bit quicker then, too.

Qube

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Nov-30
I can't reproduce it. Can you please assist?
I will make SMOOTHSHADING ALSE the default for new updates. Might draw sprites a bit quicker then, too.

It's not just backward, it's also wrong ::) - Currently if set to FALSE it displays "better" when static but terrible for rotating. If TRUE it displays "worse" when static but better when rotating. There's definitely something wrong with it beyond being reversed.

Kitty Hello

An example would be great.

MrTAToad

This is what it looks like with SMOOTHSHADING FALSE and TRUE

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

looks right. Only the red border is wrong.