Custom Color Wheel

Previous topic - Next topic

CW

Mentalthink, Yes; Of course you can use my code for your applications. Modify it as you please. I'm happy to be of service.  :)
The same goes for all of our programers.  =D
-CW

CW

Update: The problem isn't with zip or 7zip or the website. The problem is on my end. When I copied the project folder from my programing workshop over to my desktop for compression, for some reason (which I am at a loss to explain), all of my .gbas files came over empty. O_O
I suspect that the three mystery files which gave problems are all .gbas source files containing my functions.

I don't know the cause (a permission conflict??), but now that we have identified the problem I can correct it.
-CW

CW

I have replaced the incomplete zip file with an updated file containing all of the source code. Look for 'ColorWheel_6.0.zip' at the bottom of my original post. That should solve it. But I'd like someone to give it a go and see if you can view the source code now. Give me a thumbs up if everything is good.

My thanks to everyone for your feedback and for the heads-up on this problem.  Cool beans.  8) 8) 8)
-CW

fuzzy70

Sorry CW but I get the following error while extracting the latest one.

The .exe works fine & the project opens & compiles fine as well.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

CW

WOW. That I don't understand. The file downloads, decompresses and runs flawlessly for me.
Maybe one of us has an outdated version of GLBasic?
I am using GLBasic IDE, Version: 10.283, and GLB says I'm up to date.

Can it have anything to do with me being in the US and you in Europe?
Which utility are you using to decompress? I used the GLBasic utility to compress to zip. And I use the Windows-7 interface to decompress. (It never shows the sort of window you took a snapshot of.) Let me try testing the file with whatever utility you use. Can you provide me with a link?

This really has me bothered.

The Media folder is empty. I saved nothing to it. All of the colorwheel files, code and fonts are in the CWFOLDER.

If the project opens and compiles fine, what is missing? Can you read the source code?
If everything works including the high-contrast font, and you can see can read the source code, then it's all good.
Maybe the errors don't mean anything.

-CW

fuzzy70

It is a strange one thats for sure. Attached is a screenshot of the open project extracted using 7zip v9.20 64bit.

All seems present & correct in the archive as the project loads/compiles & executes without problems, other than the following compile messages which do not seem to affect execution.
Code (glbasic) Select
"ColorWheel.app\CWFILES\ColorSlider.gbas"(37) warning : variable already exists : ButtonArray
"ColorWheel.app\CWFILES\ColorWheel.gbas"(77) warning : variable already exists : FontHold

I to am using the same latest version of GLBasic 10.283 & not the 11 beta which would point me to something in the GLBasic zip utility causing the issue.

If you have 7z could you right click on the project folder & use 7z's add to zip context menu to make another zip & post that. Then I can do a binary compare of the 2 archives to see if the contents are exact & nothing missing.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

CW

Very good. I'll do that.
Using 7-zip to decompress, I just duplicated your errors. Apparently 7-zip isn't happy with something about GL-Basic zip, where Windows Zip handled it just fine.
Stand by for the 7-zip file. I'm curious about what your binary compare has to say. The screenshot certainly looks fine.
-CW

CW

Ok, here is the 7-zip. I did a direct download, decompress under Windows 7, then compile with 7-zip. The two decompressed files should be identical, error messages not withstanding. I'll keep my fingers crossed!  :P
-CW

fuzzy70

Well everything matches up in amount of files, directory structure & even CRC check for all files. The latest post opens up with no errors so there is something in GLBasics zip that 7z does not like. Interestingly the error points only at the directories & not the files.

If I uncompress the zip that gives the error & rezip it via windows or 7z there is no error on extraction.

Hope any of this helps

Lee
- "These go to eleven."

CW

That helps a lot, and what a relief. LOL

So 7-zip has a bug which, while harmless, can cause confusion and is worth knowing about.
Thanks a lot Fuzz. The next round is on me.
-CW  :booze:

erico

I get "compression method not supported" on my end, but some files do seem to come out ok.
win 7 64b using 7-zip.

Brick Redux

Thanks for this, its mechanics have helped with my redevelopment of the sprite editor I was coding in 2012.  Nice one!
A mournful owner of a HP HDX18 Laptop that has died...FECK!