V8 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

function name is a bug. IPAD is returned correctly. See the xml help online.

matchy

Landscape display modes are offset now for iPhone/iPad and not displaying correctly.  :'(
Can someone please confirm and flag as an important bug fix!

Kitty Hello

offset by how much? Very strange.

matchy

The offset about a third of the screen left and up. As if the width and height haven't been changed when rotated from 320x480 to 480x320 because the side is cut off.

Kitty Hello

oh. on iPhone? Did you specify the platform options to 480x320 instead of iPad sizes? (Just check to be sure).

matchy

It is the same for iPod Touch (480x320) and iPad (1024x768). I think this issue is there for the v7 also with 3D.
Simply put, DRAWRECT 0,0,480,320,RGB(255,0,0);SHOWSCREEN;MOUSEWAIT // is not centered when compiled in landscape 480x320 as iPhone.  :whip:

MrTAToad

Another slight problem is that a type cant be used in another type :

Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE Ta
FUNCTION blah%:
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

TYPE Tb
  test as Ta

FUNCTION go%:
     test.blah()
  ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

Generates : warning : note : TYPE  is not declared and error : wrong argument type : TYPE  is not declared

backslider

hm... with the resolution of 1024*768 i can see the title bar and i can move the window, too.  :blink:
Or is it only a problem with more than 1 display?

Kitty Hello

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2010-Jun-08
Another slight problem is that a type cant be used in another type :

Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE Ta
FUNCTION blah%:
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

TYPE Tb
  test as Ta

FUNCTION go%:
     test.blah()
  ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

self.test.blah() works in my version (changed something, might not work in yours. My error was: call to undefined function "test" in that line.

MrTAToad

Yes - that works.  Keep forgetting the self command...  ;/

MrTAToad

Yes, its coming along nicely.

I haven't tried the Linux executable with 8.006 yet, but most of the other bugs seem to be fixed with the exception of compiling to iPhone :

Code (glbasic) Select
In file included from /cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_tempg.cpp:2:
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:14: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Ta::' on member 'blah'
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:43: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Tb::' on member 'go'
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:75: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Tc::' on member 'acall'
In file included from /cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp0.cpp:1:
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:14: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Ta::' on member 'blah'
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:43: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Tb::' on member 'go'
/cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp.h:75: error: extra qualification '__GLBASIC__::Tc::' on member 'acall'
In file included from /cygdrive/C/Users/Nicholas/AppData/Local/Temp/glbasic/gpc_temp1.cpp:1:
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum

Currently, NOT wont invert the sign of a number :

Code (glbasic) Select
DEBUG NOT(-1)+"\n"
DEBUG NOT(1)+"\n"

Both return 0

It would be nice if a TYPE defined in one file could be used in another - at the moment it generates the usual  "warning : note : TYPE Tc is not declared"

backslider

It would be nice to have a program parameter like "dockwindow" with parameters like "left, top, right, bottom, center" where you can set the start position of your game window wouldn´t it? :)

@Gernot: Would it be hard to implement this function?

greetz

dijster

Thanks for this.
I can't wait to get something running on my iPad

backslider

and how do you set the position of your glbasic window after using GetSystemMetrics() ?   :blink:

Kitty Hello

Oh yes. The -_-_ replacement in the app name was required, because the iPhone program did not work if it had spaces in the name.

I fixed the other bugs and will do an live-update soon.