Matchy LWO Blender

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Dosen´t seem to work anywhere I try it.
I think I once heard that the command won´t work with imported obj, but yours are working fine.

mentalthink

Hey guys you write more than Cervantes, only one 2 and 2 pages more  =D =D

No problem Matchy if AC3D runs fine perfect, in fact I think Gernnot suggest this soft is the better for GLbasic, the problem I see this soft is you can't animate nothing but is a good soft for buy and put into the library of programs.

Erico about Linux you have toons of releases, you have to greats groups based in debian and baded in red hat, this last are more complex in my opinion... You can test with a USB key and you don't crash windows, this is the live mode.

I use Linux mint and I forget Windows practically in all, GLbasic runs very well, but you can find huge problems like you only can compile for windows, and Debug mode don't understand C++ files if you use in your code, in example the code of BT is done in C++, don't works under Linux and debug mode don't say nothing about c++ files, but for work normally runs fine...

Windows always be needed for something, but the things are changing if you take a look to steam you can find AAA games for Linux, and app like Coat3D or i ear Substance Designer and painter will be developed for Linux, or MODO and MAYA .

About complex don't worry is really easy, and is very cool do the thing under terminal, with internet is very easy find the solution

matchy

The lighting is just too much troublesome for me advance using any lights so I'm not going to worry about it now. I know I would need to create some object defacing tools and that's another project. :zzz:

Right now, at least I've further discovered that a vrml export to max does just fine and I have disassembled and separated the wheels of six car so far and I think the whole set can be done.  :good:

so i have an update v2 so please test! next is 8 bit sfrxs motor sounds at least. what's next, erico, in regards to game type? street rod? century time-traveler-car-driver? perhaps i'll need to learn terrain path tracking like ProN3rd explained to me. :D :D :D :

erico

Yep, shading is really weird, maybe you got the surfaces smooth by using ac3d, it could be it.
In my donut example, all quads were tripled before, and they show some erratic bahaviour, like am angle threshhold simply ´attach´ a set of polygons, I haven´t figured out why yet.

I´m going to test that latest example right now, also, before checking sfrxs for sounds, give a go on LabChirp, It is way more powerful and as easy to use.
http://labbed.net/software.php?id=labchirp

erico

Works all fine, though I dislike a bit the way the cars are shaded, they look good on the top right view though, but not from a back camera view, but that should not be a problem at all at this stage, textures can always be baked.

The turning wheels look great and has a good feeling of actually turning the car, well done!
edit: is it hard to add skid/power slide?

The ´track´could be mipmapped should we use the strip style, but that is also just aesthetics.

About the game idea, I´d have to think a bit, I always wanted to make a racer in the style of xtreme racer, similar to mario kart, but I´m also found of super cars 2. Is there any other way to make a racer but from fps/top/back view?

Last I checked on racer, it was a remake of Stunt car racer, one of the best racers I have ever played.
For inspiration, you can look at it here:
http://stuntcarracerwin32.bravesites.com/

I´m super found of racers with a bit of acrobats, ye I played stunts on crap pc xt.

Another good reference for a racer is the project to reverse engineer Wipe Out into java, web gl.
Check the site here:
http://phoboslab.org/log/2015/04/reverse-engineering-wipeout-psx
Check the demo here:
http://phoboslab.org/wipeout/

The visuals into that demo is possible by baking and we can do a lot better in high res of today, though the art itself is masterfully done on original Wipe Out for the playstation and not something easy to pull.

What are your ideas gameplay wise?
Do you think you can pull that net code you once did into it?

matchy

Great suggestions and I've considered drifting and super sprint sounds great but this game doesn't necessarily have to be a racer because of the selection of cars. Most is just a repeat I other stuff, but it's the cars that make it interesting. Now I'd like to put

Net code, like lighting and shading stalling issues, is too much for this project. Do you have any more models, such as trees, signs, houses, motorcycle, bicycle, etc. as this would be motivating?

erico

I don´t think I have other models like those on the libs here, but I have trees, but they have trillions of polygons and are set up as to shade nice inside the 3d package as it uses specific techniques to do so.

As for a mini game of some sort, and if you are re-using some code you already have, then it would be best to keep its scope to what you already can handle. A couple days ago I stumbled on an image set of isometric race track tiles, I kind of like them.

I was wondering if I modeled them, they could be use in a track generator/editor of some kind that could be used here.
They do have a Z level, so I´m not sure your code would handle that, but I can do a more flat set, the image is just as inspiration/layout.

The current way you are shading the cars would probably do really good if the output resolution is retro too, specially if we can get the black lines going stronger inside the cars.
What do you think?

matchy

The tiling can match the map and be used for an editor, although I don't think an editor would be fun.
Whilst I just completed converting 80+ of those car models and so I am ready to start using them soon. My recent idea was to have them all going in one direction at the moment because that would be easy; Bump 'N Jump, Spy Hunter for now, Rock 'N Roll Racing later.  :D :D :D

erico

Sure shot, but would that be on a lotus perspective or more like a top down as with the games you mentioned?
Would the cars actually jump? Bump n run is an all time favorite of mine, it could be a good idea.
Is there anything road related I could help?

matchy

The idea is to get all the cars on screen right now and a freeway and/or car park demo would suit. Again, I'm looking for a 3d object that go on the side of the road, like trees and shrubs.

Lyzo's BlitzBasic remake is quite good.