Gem Rain

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

Gem Rain for Windows is in the showcase.  8)
This is the same version for the iPhone and I think it's been working okay but feel free to beta test it please!

http://www.glbasic.com/showroom.php?lang=en&game=gemrain

Schranz0r

I cant see any Gems in the game, is that normal?
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kuron

It looks nice!  I can't test it though as OpenGL stuff doesn't currently run on this system.

matchy

Oh...I've forgot to change the media directory. :( I will have to recompile it...again.  :blink: sorry

matchy

Thanks, Schranz0r, for testing. I've updated the file and it should be okay now.  ;/

Kuron, hopefully I will get in on Mac and other platforms working soon. ;)

MrTAToad

Not bad at all!

Schranz0r

VERY VERY VERY.... COOL man ;)
Love that gamestyle and graphics :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

matchy

Thanks so much MrTAToad & Schranz0r. :)

Just to note, my inspiration for this is Popcorn for the Coco:
http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/popcorn.html

Schranz0r

PC:

codegit

------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Moru

Very nice, I started the first level with loosing a pad, then I did 20 levels in a row and no streak, do you loose the streak until you restart the game again?

matchy

Cheers codegit and thanks for trying it out Moru.  :booze:

Streaks can only be earned with a full stack of pads (no lost pads). This was implemented at the later stage for achievements in OpenFeint; which is something like for levels streaks: eg. level 1 for 5-10 points,2,3,4,5,10,30,50,70,80 up to level 90 for 250-500 (1000 total) achievement points. There is old code for local and online high-score table system. Can I use it on the glbasic online hiscore system?  :S

Moru

Is the system pointer supposed to be there by the way? You can turn it off with SYSTEMPOINTER FALSE. Since you call MOUSESTATE already, it should disappear then but still give you mouse coordinates.

matchy

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.