Request information on: APK Expansion Files

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyo

OK! Now I'll do some testing! thank you!  :booze:

Kitty Hello

See the networking for cowards example how to get a file from the Server. It's really easy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2013-Dec-30
See the networking for cowards example how to get a file from the Server. It's really easy.
I still look at that thread and shudder! It's really easy. For you...
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

This is a more official way on Android, using Androids own Download Manager (which do require v2.3, since its dosent exists in v2.2 at all, but few uses that today), which is what im did for Android Extras with few new commads. You cannot just uses NET commands for retrive expansion url, which im have not looked on (im have take a break around those days).

Gernoy, can you check for setshoebox, so its can open it whatever filename you give, sbx or not. of course its should still act as a shoebox, even the filename might have been renamed (here its can been renamed to obb).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

You don't have to use .sbx for shoebox - you can already call it .obb if you wish. I haven't tried under Android, but it worked on Windows last time I tried.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

sound perfect! If its works on Windows, its should works on Android too. There wont been much changes for the correct download functions for supports Expansion (which im will add a new one). What that is missing is a way to get the urls. So im lookin in this one later this or next week.

Im did  think shoebox as the best way, because that would not breaks compatible very much between platforms. Im have not used shotbox by my self.

im could also uses NETWEBGET, but its dosent uses thread and its dosent uses procent on download, which is important, when you downloading big files. When you need to do Expansion file, then you property need download over 50mb big file anyway.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/