Steam publishing steps

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

SF et al,

Is there a post with info on how to go about using GLB for a Steam game?

Thks!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

im cant give it in details, due there is a lots of NDA in this case (when the game is firts got green lighted). Howover its will take some long time to get it in. Now Greenlight thing is gonna to been gone soon, there its might been easier/harder to get in the game.

Also the Steam platform require a lots of paperwork and setup work to been done too as well.

But first at all you do need to get the games greenlighted first (as long its are there). But its can take a time, if you ever got it greenlighted at all. But im also heard the current Green Light systems ends in the very few month (with Steam Direct, which can been both better and worser) and being to been changed.

Steam is not the easy platform to get in, but im did got lucky to get some help here.

Howover for compiling, the SteamDRM works straight away for a glbasic without any modifications required.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Great stuff! Thanks SF.

=D
Comp:

spacefractal

also previous im have seen all your games to been portrait mode only? Steam want landscape games only of course. Steam is Windows and often allways landscape.

You can also talk to Stefan from OtakuMaker.com as well (ther publisher im got).

Also there is two other Steam games than me, that also got glbasic on Steam as well.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Cheers SF,

I have Vikings game, Zombie shooter game and couple of others in works for landscape mode :)

Thanks, will check out the others too!
Comp:

erico

It is great that glb works fine with steam on the basic stuff.
I checked your publisher Space, they seem to be doing a fine job with their page. :good: