BASIC

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GLBasic - en / Re: The power of GLBasic !
« Last post by kirkdev on Today at 10:02 am »
I agree GLBasic is alot of fun. I can why it would have a bad reputation with features such as GOTO. Most languages adapt but BASIC seems to remain static in design. Removing GOTO and updating types to work similar to c++ structs would increase program design while keeping its simplicity.
« Last post by Moru on Today at 09:01 am »
Yes, GLBasic is great! The reason the big guys don't use BASIC as a language is largely because of the (undeservedly) bad reputation it has.
Competitions / Re: GLBasic Contest 02: 2D Art
« Last post by Hemlos on Today at 04:27 am »
I'm not a pro, but i have read a few books.
And to give credit where it's due, Gernot was a huge influence on my thirst for math.
I'm looking forward to more entries!

About the program, it was simply really.
It was a benchtest program to show what the function DrawStar() could do.
DrawStar was a brainstorm, as you can see in the remarks of the function showing a progression of the idea.
All the effects, are a result of using several combinations and configurations of this function:
Code: GLBasic [Select]
DrawStar(x%, y%, Color#, NumberOfPoints%, TextureID%, Rotate#, Depth#)

« Last post by Snoopy on Today at 12:39 am »
Hemlos is a very very good programmer.

A professional level.
« Last post by Snoopy on Today at 12:28 am »
Yes, It's became my main language.
For windows, there is no real limit

I just started a DirectX wrapper for an old (but awesome) 3D engine, the interaction between GLB and C is totally awesome.
I feel like I can do what I want, it's exhilarating.
GLBasic - en / Re: Issue with case sensitivity
« Last post by kirkdev on Today at 12:19 am »
I'm using the same version with no problems at all.

Your not just copying/pasting from another editor, then doing a direct compile? GLBasic changes the case of key words as you type.

Also try this option on and off...

"Reformat code only when compiling"

...in the "Tools", "Options" menu(Usually off). To see if it makes a difference.

Last case scenario, ZIP up the project and allow me to try it to see how it runs on my setup, in case you project is corrupt in some way.

It was the "Reformat code only when compiling" option causing the problem. I don't remember checking this but at least it is working now.

Thanks
« Last post by bigsofty on Today at 12:13 am »
Yup, totally agree! I'm continuously reminded how well GLBasic syntax has been designed. Its as complex as you want, yet simple enough for first time coders. Optional inline C, is such a valuable feature too, I am amazed that none of the big-boys (Unity etc.) have it as a feature!  :happy:
« Last post by bigsofty on Today at 12:07 am »
This is an experimental piece i tinkered with a few years ago, hardly worth being called art.

I disagree, very much art!  ;)
GLBasic - en / The power of GLBasic !
« Last post by Snoopy on Yesterday at 11:32 pm »
I take a moment to thank Gernot, I'm testing a lot right now the INLINE function, DLL and the interaction between the GLBasic and the C, and that's great.
All functions and variables of GLBasic can be used directly in C (I already knew it but I had never really tested it, it's amazing of ease).

I even wonder if a version of Basic reserved for Windows (using DirectX) would not be a good idea.
A future DXBasic?

You did an amazing job Gernot, I congratulate you  :good:

Sorry if my English is not perfect, it's hard for me, a lover of the Basic and the C since a long time (a little less for the C++ it's right  =D) to explain that with the good words in english.
Off Topic / Re: New Mac....ish story
« Last post by bigsofty on Yesterday at 11:20 pm »
Saw this the other day, this looks like another cool option using a virtual machine this time...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnpEOo3GJA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnpEOo3GJA</a>

Oh this year Computer and E3 will be HOT

Have saved my money, am now waiting for that 16 core/32 thread AMD CPU GLBasic monster compilation upgrade! :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10