MD2 Models

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

The icon isn't that important to the average user, but if Gernot wants to make GLB more professional, as he has said, then I think that it will be expected that users can easily change all icons to their choice - in a business app this will matter.

But yeah, for the likes of you and me changing icons is not important in the grand scheme of things. And yes, an integrated IDE icon control (like PlayBASIC's) would be the best bet.

[EDIT] And yes I know there are ways and means of altering them after/during the fact.
I came. I saw. I played.

Hemlos

Quote from: Ian Price on 2008-Sep-22
to make GLB more professional

I see, and yea that would make it much more professional...

GLBasic Pro

:good:
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Ian Price

Don't be a dork. Your quote of my post is taken completely out of context on its own and is meaningless.

Whenever I see just a GameMaker .EXE icon, or a Blitz icon etc. etc. , I can't help but feel that the program was created by a home user, and not a professional. Professional utilities and apps never use standard icons that are part and parcel of any language. The first thing you'll see of many apps is their icon and that creates a first impression.

Like I stated, Gernot actually agreed a while back. What's your problem?
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

No problem. I should just make it, so you can use a png, and it compiles the correct icon for every platform. That's the plan, but it's hard work. For OSX e.g.

Moru

I believe the comment was not aimed at you, Gernot. Rather the out of context comment that Hemlos made.

Hemlos

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Sep-22
I believe the comment was not aimed at you, Gernot. Rather the out of context comment that Hemlos made.

Hows this for context..
Moru, and Ian, Dont be Rude, its discerning.
Your comments that point out the lack of professionalism,
ultimately questions GLBasics Integrity as professional programming language,
..this is Gernots goal here.. and i might add he works REALLY hard at it.
Naturally he will take it, as a comment directed to him, its his baby.
Please find some patience, as everything takes time(years) to build a professional programming language.

Ian Price

I wasn't pointing out Gernot's faults or GLBasic's.

Moru was indeed correct, my message was directed at you - being all holier than thou. Yet it still continues.  ;/
I came. I saw. I played.

Hemlos

Quote from: Ian Price on 2008-Sep-24
I wasn't pointing out Gernot's faults or GLBasic's.

Moru was indeed correct, my message was directed at you - being all holier than thou. Yet it still continues.  ;/

I dont have a problem, i was just agreeing with you about the need for icons, so you call me a dork?

*Laugh*

Yes, Gernot agreed with you, thats fantastic...*waiting impatiently*
Curious, What part of me agreeing with you, makes me "holier than thou"?