eBay fraud

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

I got this message from eBay, where I ordered my touchpads:

HP has stopped the Production on these TOUCHPADS Please accept my REFUND REQUEST AND I WILL GO AHEAD AND PROCESS THE REFUND ASAP

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO GET REFUND!?! I mean - I bought that product and he cannot sell a product he does not have, doe he?
I'm in the mood to sue this ... this ... seller.

Crivens

So essentially you were paying him to order a touchpad for you? Pretty much the same as if you had ordered it from a site yourself? Only (like all of us) he couldn't actually get any stock... Bummer...

I'm hoping, after HP (and all the stores) totally screwed everything about the firesale up, that they do some sort of deal for developers (as you can see mentioned on the WebOS forums). I'd much prefer a TP, but a Pre3 device would be acceptable (I have a Pre2, but it's good to have different resolutions).

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

I rejected the bid to get refunded and said I bought, he has to deliver. If he can't I have to ask for a compensation, because I have to get the devices for a much higher price somewhere else.
I'll contact a lawyer in the nest step. Selling a product you don't have for a higher price than what you expect to get it? That's ripping off people. Someone has to stop that.

Crivens

Totally agree, and good luck on a result!

Annoying thing is though that places like Amazon, Play, and even HP themselves are sending cancellation letters out for orders. On the other hand Ebay is basically saying you have the item and are willing to sell it for a price. So hopefully you can get compensation. Slightly different to a shop...

Cheers

okee

QuoteSo essentially you were paying him to order a touchpad for you? Pretty much the same as if you had ordered it from a site yourself? Only (like all of us) he couldn't actually get any stock... Bummer...

Or he has them but realises they're now making over $100 more than what he advertised them for
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Kitty Hello

I definitely think it's something like that.

Sokurah

He's really a creep if that's the case.

I'd ordered two of them - one from Barnen & Noble and one through BundleBox and they were both cancelled.

However, I got an invoice from BundleBox saying that the item had been purchased. Perhaps I should threaten them and say the same - that they can't first tell me that the item has been purchased and then withdraw.  :rant:
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware. :-)
Twitter: Sokurah

Crivens

I read somewhere that one bloke in the UK drove around in a van for 2 days and bought a load. He then proceeded to sell them all on Ebay. Think he's sold about 200 units now. Sigh...

Cheers

Dabz

This "sorta" happened to me only a few weeks ago... Not exactly, but related I think.

Basically, I love a game of golf, now, I'm not the best, float around the 100 mark give or take a few, anyway, because I'm not that good, occasionally, the ball just goes where it wants, be it in a pond, in a bit of rough, or out of the course completely... So, I do buy quite a few golf balls... But, I don't like the cheap and nasty ones, so, one day I was looking at the yellow paper (local ad paper), and spotted an advert for 30 titleist pro balls for £15, I thought "Oh, that sounds just the job"

So I rung the number and a bloke answered, I said I was interested in the golf balls he was advertising, and he replied "Yeah, about that, I havent actually got them, but, I'm walking around Grange Villa now [a local course], is there any chance I can ring you back when I find them?"

I just hung up!

Dabz

Kitty Hello

Hello, I sell a BMW 550 for 500,-. Shinny and new.. oh wait, it just left the parking lot ...

okee

Not fraud but
I needed a laptop screen and mailed a laptop screen replacement
company to see if they had any

me: do you have xxx laptop screen in stock ?
them: yes we have xxx laptop screen in stock at €xx
Me: orders xxx laptop screen
Them: Many thanks for the order. I have ordered in the screen from the uk

That just really, really annoyed me.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Ian Price

Well, I hope my TouchPad arrives - I had to go the eBay route too after Staples took a dump on me.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

After the TP feeding frenzy a lot of sellers realised that there was more money in their resale value than first estimated, which has led a lot of sellers to welch on their deals.

I never got one or the Pre3, well done to all that did though!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)