AquaVenture - new game for Dragonbox Coding Competion

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

:good: Ian congrats, the game it's extremely nice...  :good: :good: Ragards, and we see you whats your surprise us again!!  :-*

Ian Price

QuoteWith the last move to the right the squid will move ontop of the sponge, I mean they're both in the same location.
I am aware of this. But thanks for the report anyway. :)

QuoteAnd another minor thing, I really like the cliché 8bit kidnapped princess intro, however you don't get to see the bad guy, only a yellow submarine. I think it would add a little more personallity to the game to add an evil marine biologist doctor or something. :D I mean look at the intros of many many 8bit games like Ghost n Goblins, Adventure Island, Popils, Castle of Illusion, Lolo, etc. you always see the bad guy.
That's all very well and good, but they had multiple coders and graphics artists and much more than two months to put it all together. I had none of those luxuries. :(

Glad you enjoyed it though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2013-Mar-11
That's all very well and good, but they had multiple coders and graphics artists and much more than two months to put it all together. I had none of those luxuries. :(

But you have 6 sets of ultra versatile arms and 3 giant brains all working in perfect synchronicity! Different standards...

erico

Well, poor old coders did not have GLBasic...that sure sets Ian way ahead! :D

Kitty Hello

Any chance to get this for Android or iOS?  I so want to play this. Awesome that you won that contest!

Ian Price

It's only available on Android via OUYA. I haven't actually got any Android devices to test the game on (other than OUYA).

I did release the game for pc too btw.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

we need a mac version also! and mac ppc ! and ios and android  and so on ..... :whip:
an rpi also

Ian Price

Not going to happen any time soon I'm afraid.

@Gernot - You do have a Pandora and a Caanoo, right? The game is available on those formats too.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Looks the Biz - love those grafx!!

Also congrats on being on OUYA website front page ;-)

Gonna download the PC version and give it a twirl!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Quote from: MrPlow on 2014-Jan-10

SUPER! :good:

Check if the ouya team can spare some bucks for future development! ;)

Ian Price

Quote from: MrPlow on 2014-Jan-10
Looks the Biz - love those grafx!!

Cheers :)

It's only a "What's new on OUYA" thing, not a special mention or anything. At least it's got some coverage though, no matter how small :)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

now we should add addidations and corrections to the documents how to do things using StoreKit, not writting by me (Ian for Ouya and MrPlow for Google Play).

Its seen the most misunderstanding thing im did made is the that way hash values to prevent easy hacking. Im thinks im should exlained that better and will do that in one of the follow version of storekit (etc creating a debug function to output values of product brought or not brought when compiled on Windows example).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Sure, no problem, I'll help with docs. :-)
Comp:

Ian Price

I did update the old docs to incorporate upto the point of release, but it might be good to go back through them and add a proper semi-working example, although I haven't used the latest couple of Android Extra updates.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Hi Ian,

Can you fix the PC version link...seems to be a permissions thing - looking forward to trying this!
Comp: