Windows 7 Installation

Previous topic - Next topic

Why0Why

Hi All,

I am new here.  I have been using Blitz for years but decided to give GLBasic a run for iPhone dev because I love my iPhone.  I have a MacBook Pro running bootcamp with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and a desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.  The editor will not run.  It gives me an error stating the side by side is incorrect.  When I view the event log I get this:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic\EditorE.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I have tried multiple versions of the VC 2005 redist with no success.  My desktop has Visual Studio 2008 installed but my laptop doesn't.

Any suggestions?

Also, where do I dl the latest version of gl?  It looks like the one on the front link it a bit behind.

Thanks,

Why0Why

Moru

I'm not sure about the rest of your questions but you get the lastest after you install and press the web-update button.

Kitty Hello

Why0Why

That did the trick, thanks.  I downloaded two different ones from MS, but neither worked.