Give me some advice to choose another language programming.

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hey guys I don't want say I leave 100% GLbasic (I continue using...), but for learn another languaje I like to know what your use, or waht you think is interesting to learn...

For now I understand more or less good C++, and Python , I'm not sure if learn C# or JS... I read in a lot of webs JavaScript is really the king in work demand...

Thanks for yours councils... ;)

Qedo

Hi  mentalthink,
I love GLB but also I'm looking around since it is not updating as it should and I found interesting Xamarin (Microsoft) in C# and now also in VB.Net that deliver native Android, iOS, and Windows apps. There is also support for 3D with UrhoSharp that is a cross-platform high-level 3D and 2D engine.
Ciao

Schranz0r

Take a look at Godot Engine!
The next 3.0 release comes with C# and Mono.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mentalthink

dreamerman

Generally it depends for what you need it, both JS and C# have different purposes, but both are usefully.
JS web apps, scripts, but also for normal apps when used with something like phonegap.
C# can be called successor of C++, cross platform native development like Xamarin, Mono.
Yet there is still PHP, Ruby, Python, and so on...
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

hardyx

If you like C++ and games, you can try Cocos2d-x for creating multiplatform games.
If you want something easier, Corona uses Lua (javascript-like) language.

mentalthink

Thanks dreamerman and hardyx, I think I will wait to Leadwerks new version, they will be about VR but the API in C++ is really easy and powerfull.

Or perhaps is time to code for arduino with STL and C++ Standard... (I'm confused  O_O :S , I don't know what to do  :noggin: )