Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
2D-snippets / Re: Fill Fast Line algorithm
« Last post by dreamerman on 2018-Aug-13 »
Nice, good to have such code ready for use in future. Did you tried other filling algorithms, even just to compare speed? Don't know what impact have those DIMPUSH / DELETE commands.
2D-snippets / Re: Fill Fast Line algorithm
« Last post by bigsofty on 2018-Aug-10 »
Cool, thanks Qedo!  :good:
2D-snippets / Fill Fast Line algorithm
« Last post by Qedo on 2018-Aug-10 »
After i have grabbing with both hands in the forum a small summer gift (I hope it will be appreciated).
You find the scanline floodfill algorithm using stack instead of recursion.
I converted the version I found in internet from C++ to GlBasic.
Compared to the standard version this is much faster about 10-15 times.
When you start the program for the first 10 seconds, the standard (more slow) version is executed and  after the scanline version.
The program uses my FASTMEM2SPRITE version (which you already sent a while ago and which I have now improved), but you can comment the command and activate the standard MEM2SPRITE to appreciate even more the change of speed.
Let me know
Announcements / Re: PMS
« Last post by bigsofty on 2018-Aug-08 »
Thanks for the tips Jay, that’s an interesting take on camera movement(the scoring mechanism is something I’ve not seen before either). I’ll give it a go as I’m intrigued to see how this animates the display. I’ll probably add some sort of distance calculation to only move the camera when it’s a certain distance from the player as well. This should contribute to smoothing things out too.
« Last post by Jayenkai on 2018-Aug-07 »
a=a-((a-b)/c)

Might be helpful to smooth things out a bit.
eg,
CameraX=CameraX-((CameraX-CameraXTarget)/8)   (tweak divider to make faster/slower)
CameraY=CameraY-((CameraY-CameraYTarget)/8)

Also
ScoreDisplay=ScoreDisplay-((ScoreDisplay-TrueScore)/4) ; if Abs(ScoreDisplay-TrueScore)<4 then ScoreDisplay=TrueScore; Print ScoreDisplay
gives more of a "ticking" score display.

You can probably find a bucketload of other uses for the incredibly simple bit of maths.
« Last post by bigsofty on 2018-Aug-07 »
Thanks Jay! Actually I’m redoing the camera movement as we speak(I’ve noticed this too), it will follow the player using an easing equation to smooth things out a bit. Rather than what it’s doing just now which is just a linear division of the players coordinates, which can be quite janky certain levels.

Keep them news letters coming BTW! ;)
« Last post by Jayenkai on 2018-Aug-07 »
Not a bad looking game.  A little slow, perhaps, but I imagine (/hope) the speed will ramp up as it gets harder.

Motion Sickness Rating : 8/10 - Fairly queasy after just a few seconds.  (Don't think of this as a bad thing.. I have terrible motion sickness!!)
GLBasic - en / Re: Future of Glbasic or the ending?
« Last post by spacefractal on 2018-Aug-07 »
Native compiling for Android and iOS is no longer working in the future. That it.

Apple have deprecated OpenGL support, which might got removed after iOS 12, and the next MacOSx. That graphics engine GLbasic uses. So that platform is out anyway, due that.

Android require a FULL move to Android Studio (the standalone SDK will NO LONGER WORK), which im will not have time to do that, nor its possible, because some of the libs required to been fully code and not precompiled. So im cant do anything like that. Full source is required and its have became quite compliced now. Its not easy as you think.

This is why im just dont like both Apple and Google (im have remove my own apps from both platforms, except Greedy Moues on iOS still stay a little while its also got removed too), when they doing change thing like that and the app combatible have newer have been quite very great.

So im just hate very much Android and Google. its no more fun for contant supporting them! im just simply not want to use more time on that. That it.

So sorry. Google Play and Apple Appstore is currectly out. But you do still can use example Amazon AppStore as alternative for Android. But im wont update it at all.

The only way we can bring back to those platforms is extractly HTML5, which have got a nice approvements since those days. Hence Windows and HTML5/Javascript should been the most important platforms. HTML5 should also works nicely on Linux too. And no... They wont ned to been serviced on a websever. there exists apps, like PhoneGap, to wrap them to apps and sell them to AppStores..... Best alternative im can think and support.

Announcements / Re: Asteroids Vector Game
« Last post by MrPlow on 2018-Aug-07 »
Thanks Dreamerman! Glad your playing it and enjoying it!!!
I will look to increase the hitboxing on the next update.

Yes - the other modes are nicer!- but started with the lower one as there is an extra performance hit for modes 2 & 3 and wanted to make the game start at the most optimum for phones that might not have the CPU power.

new modes 2 & 3 are brighter and they looks better in my opinion that first mode.
Only one issue that I have are hitboxes for gui elements, sometimes when playing it's hard to hit rotation/shoot button. You are using rect or circle based checking for that? I've checked with scriber and if you touch buttons inside them but near edge it doesn't detect that, you need to touch little closer to center of them, at least on my phone.
GLBasic - en / Re: Future of Glbasic or the ending?
« Last post by dreamerman on 2018-Aug-06 »
hm.. I have feeling that somewhere here on forum was already a similar topic.
Pushing language itself to Steam would of course help in improving popularity, yet remember that now most people prefer to 'make a game' with tools like Unity/UDK, or some scripting engines (mostly html5/JS).
As it goes for target platforms. For me Steam is a must have (Windows, and also Linux/MacOS would be nice), Android & iOS are also important - don't need in-app advertising, in-app purchase, just pure GLBasic code working.
Would mobile stuff be done natively (preferred for speed) or by html5/JS code is a secondary matter.
Maybe some options - compile for Android native (older API), or newer with JS..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10