UO DiNGSFont v6 (11. Septemper 2012)

Previous topic - Next topic

D2O

Danke blastar,
das ist ein echt gutes Tool  :happy:
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

spicypixel

This really is becoming quite an indispensible tool, awesome work! I see my suggestion of texturing has come into fruition or had you already thought of it? ;)
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

blastar

Quote from: spicypixel on 2011-Jun-12
This really is becoming quite an indispensible tool, awesome work! I see my suggestion of texturing has come into fruition or had you already thought of it? ;)

i added the texture-feature because of your suggestion, easier to add than expected =D - more features like this is easy to add but i want to keep the tool as simple and intuitive as possible...

please check my new version (v2), now you can save/load and share your styles.  8)

S.O.P.M.

One thing that will be very unimportant for most of you but important for me because of my computer, this tool should use less CPU power. When I have this tool open, my CPU-fan is crying out loud by maximum usage rate and the point is that it could break soon, I know that, it's not all right :/
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

kanonet

Quote from: S.O.P.M. on 2011-Jun-12
One thing that will be very unimportant for most of you but important for me because of my computer, this tool should use less CPU power. When I have this tool open, my CPU-fan is crying out loud by maximum usage rate and the point is that it could break soon, I know that, it's not all right :/
That is new in v2, it runs one core at max speed, this really needs to get fixed. No Problems in v1.

Very nice Tool btw. :good:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

D2O

Hi blastar, v2 ist richtig Top :)
Was die CPU last angeht, die liegt bei mir so um die >50%

Wunsch  :-[
Das Style speichern und laden geht gut,
aber ist es hier auch möglich den benutzten font zu speicher und wieder zu laden?
Wenn ich meinen Style mit dem Font "Zanzibar" speichere, das Programm schliese und wieder öffne und
dann meinfont.glfont2 lade, dann wird die Standartschrift "18thCentury" wieder genutzt.
I7 2600K; 8 GB RAM ; Win10 Pro x64 | NVidia GTX 750 TI 2048MB ; Realtec OnBoard Sound;
Lenovo ThinkPad T400: XP Pro
GLB Premium-immer Aktuell

blastar

Quote from: kanonet on 2011-Jun-12
Quote from: S.O.P.M. on 2011-Jun-12
That is new in v2, it runs one core at max speed, this really needs to get fixed. No Problems in v1.

Very nice Tool btw. :good:

you are right, I forgot to disable debug  :-[ ... now fixed!

Quote from: D2O on 2011-Jun-12
Hi blastar, v2 ist richtig Top :)
Was die CPU last angeht, die liegt bei mir so um die >50%

Wunsch  :-[
Das Style speichern und laden geht gut,
aber ist es hier auch möglich den benutzten font zu speicher und wieder zu laden?
Wenn ich meinen Style mit dem Font "Zanzibar" speichere, das Programm schliese und wieder öffne und
dann meinfont.glfont2 lade, dann wird die Standartschrift "18thCentury" wieder genutzt.

kommt mit der nächsten version!

update: ich habe es mal schnell eingebaut - fontname und fontgröße werden nun ebenfalls in der *.glfont2 hinterlegt und beim laden wiederhergestellt - sollte der font auf dme rechner nicht vorhanden sein wird der erste verfügbare genommen (bei dir wohl "18thCentury").

blastar

Quote from: trucidare on 2011-Jun-05
Dürft ich den source code haben? ein MacPort bräuchte ich für die MacIDE

hier ein screenshot vom ersten osx-port, benötigt zwar noch ein paar anpassungen aber funktioniert genauso gut!  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crivens

Very nice! Does it handle the extended set like the original (I only use it to get the copyright symbol, but it is useful)?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

spicypixel

When you load a texture although the mask is *.png it doesn't show any png's even when you're on a folder with them in. You have to set the mask to *.* to view the png files???

It would be really good to remember the style and texture load/save directories seperately to save swapping about, not essential but could be handy for faster work production.

Nice work again Blastar ;)
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

blastar

Quote from: Crivens on 2011-Jun-13
Very nice! Does it handle the extended set like the original (I only use it to get the copyright symbol, but it is useful)?
never thought about it because never used, was simple to add :) ... comes with next version!

Quote from: spicypixel on 2011-Jun-13
When you load a texture although the mask is *.png it doesn't show any png's even when you're on a folder with them in. You have to set the mask to *.* to view the png files???
a small typo, i forgot to add png to filter :'( ... I will fix it with next update!

Quote from: spicypixel on 2011-Jun-13
It would be really good to remember the style and texture load/save directories seperately to save swapping about, not essential but could be handy for faster work production.
i will think about it, maybe i will store last path for save/load image, texture & style?!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Slydog

Quote from: Crivens on Today at 09:37:37
QuoteVery nice! Does it handle the extended set like the original (I only use it to get the copyright symbol, but it is useful)?

I see the latest screen shot shows the full character set, including the copyright symbol.
But to just add a copyright symbol to your font set you have to include 127 extra symbols you don't need, making either the font file larger than it needs to be, or the individual characters smaller than you may have intended.

What would be nice is a character substitution.  In this case for example, you could substitute the tilde character ('~') for the copyright character.  It shouldn't be difficult to implement if anybody thinks this may be useful, just an idea.

Nice tool btw!  Where were you 6 months ago! ha!  I managed to figure out how to do fancy font effects using Paint.Net back then, but for a graphics noob, it wasn't very easy!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

trucidare

Yeah sehr gut !! das bringt die ide unabhängig von anderen font making tools - weiter so
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Crivens

QuoteWhat would be nice is a character substitution.  In this case for example, you could substitute the tilde character ('~') for the copyright character
Ooh, yeah good idea. Being able to swap any character for another would be brilliant, and as you said keep it to a smaller set.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

blastar

Ich habe mal eine kleines Update (v3) hochgeladen (im ersten Post), einige kleine fixes & Verbesserungen - keine großartigen Änderungen!