WinCe won't load bmp or wav

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

Help! DRAWRECT and PRINT work okay but I can't seem to get LOADSPRITE/DRAWSPRITE or LOADSOUND/PLAYSOUND to work on my Pocket PC (iPaq rx1945).

Kitty Hello

place the graphics in the same folder as the .exe file. Then load without any "C:\", just "mysprite.bmp". Should work fine. No?

matchy

The files are in the same directory. LOADSPRITE "sprite.bmp",0

Kitty Hello

Does it work on PC?

matchy

Oh yeah, works perfectly well on PC. I've also tried copying media to other common paths, like \ , \windows, \my documents, etc.. and even ShoeBox on my PocketPC. I've also tried various screensizes (240x320,320x240) and framerates (-1,10,20).

Another example is the original JumpFrog_PocketPC_2D.exe, with it's media files, works fine on PocketPC, but my compiled version does not (which is also larger in file size).

I do notice that when compiling, I find I need to go through several platform warnings and makes until the SDK successful compiles a WinCE exe. Just wondering if this, or project screensize/framerate has anything to do with the media pathing issue. Don't know what else to do try. ;)

Kitty Hello

What does GETCURRENTDIR$() return on PocketPC?

matchy

GETCURRENTDIR$() on the PPC returns /My Documents/,which is where the .exe is also.

Kitty Hello

And the jumpfrog example does not work? Very strange. I have to take a deep look at this.Might take a few days, though.

matchy

Only the original JumpFrog_PocketPC_2D.exe (542kb) works okay.
A compiled version on my machine JumpFrog_CE.exe (701kb) does not.

Currently I have created a couple of apps that work great with DRAWRECT etc :)

Kitty Hello

Would GRABSPRITE/DRAWSPRITE work?

matchy

Working :)

SAVESPRITE
SAVEBMP
USEASBMP
GRABSPRITE
STRETCHSPRITE
ROTOSPRITE
ROTOZOOMSPRITE
ZOOMSPRITE
DRAWSPRITE
DRAWLINE
DRAWRECT
BLACKSCREEN

Not working :(

LOADBMP
LOADSPRITE
POLYVECTOR
GRABSCREEN
LOADFONT
PLAYMOVIE
LOADSOUND
PLAYSOUND
PLAYMUSIC
BLENDSCREEN

INIOPEN
INIPUT
INIGET$
Not working with file, but works with put/get in ram without writing to disk.
Overall it's a file access issue. (ver 5.110)

matchy

The new update 5.129 fixes the above issues and they are now working on WinCE. :D :D :D