Bug In Font Creator Tool

Previous topic - Next topic

mrplant

Hi There.

A bit annoying but when I use the font creator tool to create a custom font - it sometimes cuts off the right hand side of the image.
It shows itself up every time if you change say the background colour to red for example and the text color to black. Tick resize to a certain size e.g.. 1024x512 and generate - the file is corrupted as described.
Change the text colour to white and the background to black and it works fine.
This happens for any non black background colour by the way. It also happens with any font.

Any way of this one getting fixed?

I generated a lot of fonts and inverted colour fonts and this bug is quite annoying and has been present for a few years now I just forget to post about it.

Thanks.

erico

Does that happen when you work with PNG or BMP? or it dosen´t matter?

kanonet

You may want to try blastars great font creator replacement, that has way more options then original Dingsfont. Of cause a bug fix would still be nice, as long as the old creator does not get replaced.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

mrplant

Happens if generating a BMP or PNG.

Wow - going to check out that other font tool. Thanks for info.

erico

You didn´t know about that alternative?
Well, now you do, it is a great piece of software and we should probably look into adding it to the standard tool set.

Schranz0r

Yes we should think about this!
It's a very nice Fonteditor!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Moru

Everyone else is using that one so I guess that is why the original bug never got fixed :-)

Schranz0r

Should be the reason, right ^^
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mrplant

Hi

I wasn't aware of this great tool no!

Its great but I need one thing it doesn't seem to do. I want characters like the old font generator does - Totally centred left right up and down within each square as this is the type of 8 bit font types I am working with.

At the moment, it seems to left align the text in the boxes.

Is this possible?

kanonet

Maybe better ask the developer, if you want some features to be added.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64