-Semi-Offtopic - Question about an electronic project in the main page?¿

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

HI where I can found a electronic project, made  whit an uController, somtime ago appears at the start of the main page...
I remenber was a game whit an LCD screen, and I think don´t programmed whit GLbasic...

Anyone knows where it´s this project, and more info about it?¿, it´s possible?¿, I don´t kwnow who made it?¿...

Thanks in advance...

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

it´s hyper nice, I donñt remenber well if it this, but perhaps my memory fails ...

And some info about project, who made this cool thing?¿, I want develop something whit anomther uController, but I want know whats it´s the CHIP or PIC nomenclature, and well if the person want explain something, I´m very interesting put more info...

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

Ok, thanks Ian, if he want, I have happy if wrote something specs about the PSC and the IC, and well if put somthing of code...

This it´s a very nice project...

Thanks Ian, again...

Kitty Hello

Yes. That was my project.
I got the parts from an electronics market. Then downloaded something like "PonyProg" (IIRC) that allowed to "upload" the code to the microcontroller. You also needed an compiler for the thing, but I also think the ponyprog site had links to all that. It was an ATmega32 processor. Total overkill for this type of game.

The specs for the display were quite short, but it was easy to program. You sent a start code, then the pixels with a serial port.

If you want to get started, I can reccomend you an AVR butterfly. It's a board with a tiny LCD display and some sensors to play with. It's very easy to program for that and you have first results in a day.

mentalthink

HI Gernnot only was for curiosity, I use an Atmega too, in this case Arduino, programming it, it´s very easy, it´s very simple, but can make awesome things, now I try to develop a Hi-Score server, working whit Batteries (Pilas de 1.5 V), and this mode don´t use a computer turn on always, or paying some hosting...

How I say only was for curiosity, and it´s very nice the project... About using electronics parts at today, change a lot of when I lear electronic... it´s very easy, between arduino, and some basic for porgramming PIC´S and microcontrollers, everyone can be very interesting things...

PS: If anyone like electronics... search something like

Arduino (very cheaper board, in Chinna about the half of price)  A lot of families // netduino, pinguino... etc it´s open source
DuinoMite (Something similar, but the chip it´s form MicroChip Mark), more cheaper, and a board about 20€ it´s a little computer, programmable in Basic, whit CP/M installed... it´s a very cheaper and awesome product....

Thanks Gernnot again, I take a look to the LCD screen, becuase my liettle TFT 2.4" I can´t make works succesfully....

And well very interesting whit Glbasic, you can control the ucontrollers whit the COM Library (some place in the forum), and use whit Mobiles devices, this it´s a very good point for use Glbasic to another kind of projects... it´s another door to others worlds....

Kitty Hello

I think there are chips that give you Tcp/Ip interface for micro controllers as well.

Moru

He is already using Arduino himself so I'm sure he knows more about it than me :-)

mentalthink

HI Ocean thanks for advice...

@Moru, well I don´t know too much about Arduino, but any suggestion or any help always it´s welcome..

Gernnot yes... in fact I have this "cacharro", very cheaper... how always in China... Arduino have a lot of Shields, but in some cases are very expensive, likes teh WI-FI module... about 60€... and well you only have to take a schema and make the conections, looking if have any library for the "driver"  controller for the kind of complement, TFT, DIsplay, TCP-IP Stack...

The "cacharro",  and tutorial for Arduino Mega... if you use Duemile or Arduino Uno, be carefully the Pins are others, for connections...

Tutorial
http://www.kiranjose.com/blog/2011/09/connect-to-internet-with-arduino-mega-2560-and-enc28j60-breakout-board_crossover_ethernet_cable/

Another thing, if anyone... or Moru Gernnot or Ocean, want try, it´s Proteus, it´s simply awesome, you can make all you want in electronics... it´s like drawing you circuit, like it´s in the reallity simulates, capacitors, resistances, leds, inclusive Arduino, and a lot of C.I and microcontrollers... and can be simulate de real code in this software... Well it´s very expensive in his professional edition, in the educational, not it´s cheaper, but can be adquired, I think it´s about 200€ . Another good thing, it´s you can draw atomatically the paths of the connections, for make the layout of the circuit for Isolation (make in a real PCB)

[attachment deleted by admin]