Update problem...

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Every time I start the IDE (5.055) it detects update 5.062 but when it actually tries to download it I get the following message...

Code (glbasic) Select
Current Version:
Opening Internet-Connection
Opening Info-File
Reading Update Information
Version:
No Update available. GLBasic is up to date.
Ende.
?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

x-tra

Perhaps you have to download the demo from website and then make an update.

Because its version 5.

bigsofty

I did that, that's what's causing my problems... I have 5.055, its reporting that the on-line version is 5.062 but when it queries the GLBasic server, its seems to be getting 4.279?!?!
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Brice Manuel

I can't help.  I'm still using an older version.  Since my development machine isn't connected to the Internet, updates are a bit of a hassle.

Kitty Hello

Strange. 5.062 seems the most recent. I'll upload the update again. Please clear your IE's browser cache, too.

Kosta

I have updated from 5.047 to 5.062 without problems (some time ago (31.10.07)

so the 5.062 update-version seems to work
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

bigsofty

Due to illness, this was a long over due major update, I think 4.2 was my last version? Ill maybe do a full uninstall to be sure... thanks for the help any way ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Had to do a complete uninstall and program folder delete or it coulda been something Gernot did server side, but it works now! :D

Thanks to all that helped!
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)