Dino Defense

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Starting to look more like the game I want it to be now (still WIP).

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

super deformed dinos! great!

quangdx

Coming together very nicely, looks great.
Poor T-Rex and his short arms, if only he was able to clap.

http://trextrying.tumblr.com/
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

Ian Price

Quote from: erico on 2012-Mar-12
super deformed dinos! great!
Yep, that's what I'm going for :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Looks fantastic.

Marmor

crazy for Dinsosaur !   lol awesome

Ian Price

I can now show some of the mechanics of the game - they are all working properly too :)

All the gfx are WIP, but unlikely to change before the competition deadline (31st March).

I came. I saw. I played.

Nathan

Looks really good, I'm very impressed.  I've always thought we could do with more caveman flying helicopters.
Completion deadline?  Whyz that then?

Ian Price

It's being written for the Pandora Rebirth competition, although i will be releasing it for pc too.

And yes, there definitely are not enough games with cavemen flying helicopter type devices! :D
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Actuelly look better and better, and interface seen very cool and nice designed. Like you did changed it a bit, so it's was not al plant vs zombie clone, but just a nice tower defender game.

Good Work :-D
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

Cheers :)

It really doesn't feel like PvZ, despite some similarities. The height aspect added by the ground platforms changes things significantly. Obviously there are some things that you can't get away from (it is a TD game after all), but I've tried to make it my own. Hopefully (and that's a big hopefully) it will be as enjoyable to others as it is to me. There's lots still to do, including the most important aspect of the game - the dinos.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Here's a recent video, showing the game in action.

I came. I saw. I played.

quangdx

Looking good Ian.

I know things aren't final yet, but currently the dinos feel very erm... robotic/static?
I think because there's no vertical movement of their heads.
I would make the flying ones fly on a very subtle sinwave, so they move up and down smoothly just a couple of pixels, in time with the wings flapping.

Keep up the good work.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

tatakamucher

looks good

matchy

Nicely designed.  :good: