[RESOLVED] Issue with case sensitivity

Previous topic - Next topic

kirkdev

I am experiencing issues with case sensitivity when using GLBasic 16.026.

When typing keywords you can see the IDE recognises them and highlights the word but doesn't automatically correct them to uppercase and I get a compilation error. Anyone else experienced this issue or know how to resolve it?

Kirk

dreamerman

Never saw such issue, can You check previous GLBasic version? You can download v15 demo from main web page - download section. Also please specify what OS you are using, may be helpful.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

kirkdev

I'll do this when I get home tonight. For now I can confirm this is happening on two machines running Windows 10 pro.
Kirk

kirkdev

Quote from: dreamerman on 2019-Apr-22
Never saw such issue, can You check previous GLBasic version? You can download v15 demo from main web page - download section. Also please specify what OS you are using, may be helpful.

I have tried V15 trial from the website and it's the same, it doesn't auto correct the case. I have tried removing GLBasic all together and reinstalling too.
Kirk

SnooPI

Never for me too, it's very strange and a very big bug if it's true for others and not just for you.

kirkdev

It would be nice to get some feed back on if other people experience this issue too. Just out of curiosity what operation systems are you running @dreamerman and @Snoopy?

Kirk

bigsofty

I'm using the same version with no problems at all.

Your not just copying/pasting from another editor, then doing a direct compile? GLBasic changes the case of key words as you type.

Also try this option on and off...

"Reformat code only when compiling"

...in the "Tools", "Options" menu(Usually off). To see if it makes a difference.

Make sure you have nothing preventing the file from being written to at compile time (antivirus, read-only, security settings etc.)

Last case scenario, ZIP up the project and allow me to try it to see how it runs on my setup, in case you project is corrupt in some way.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

kirkdev

Quote from: bigsofty on 2019-Apr-22
I'm using the same version with no problems at all.

Your not just copying/pasting from another editor, then doing a direct compile? GLBasic changes the case of key words as you type.

Also try this option on and off...

"Reformat code only when compiling"

...in the "Tools", "Options" menu(Usually off). To see if it makes a difference.

Last case scenario, ZIP up the project and allow me to try it to see how it runs on my setup, in case you project is corrupt in some way.

It was the "Reformat code only when compiling" option causing the problem. I don't remember checking this but at least it is working now.

Thanks
Kirk