Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-29
Use the trash icon once. Helps?
Well it certainly helped it compile and run when it wasn't for me before, think I might start routinely clicking on that before I compile any project in the future.  Thanks didn't even realise that button was there.

The downside is that although it now runs, the FPS for the demo I'm running (the 3D shadow test) has dropped through the floor when it used to run at about 30fps on my tablet.  Going to play and see if theres something I should set that I didnt need to do before.

Edit:  Hmm no it's not just a massive drop in FPS, it does look odd.  Sort of majorly faded.  Previously when I compiled and ran it on this device it was 30FPS and didnt look a whole lot different to when I ran it on my desktop.

Edit: I got another of my projects to compile and install after cleaning as you suggested.  It runs, however unlike others it has a FPS counter and that has definitely dropped.  Before when I ran my game it was getting 34FPS or so, now it's around 26-27.  Not a massive drop maybe, but enough to make a difference.  Wow, drops to 15 if I touch the screen -- but I think I read somewhere something you can do to help that.  Maybe.

Edit: My third program compiles, and runs but when you do run it all you get is a white patch on the screen where previously you got buttons, plus if you compile and run it for windows everything works fine.  This is really weird.

Going to look at this again tomorrow (I need sleep!).  Hopefully by then other guys using Android can say yay or nay as to whether it's working ok for them.  Currently it doesn't seem to be for me but I'm not ruling out user error on my part just yet.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Mikele

I can't get to work any of my programs on android (with or without CLEAN PROJECT)  :(. Compiling passes without errors but I have just a blank screen for a few seconds. It did work in the previous version of GLB.

EDIT: After reinstalling (back to 10.118) everything seems to be ok. Any suggestion what I'm doing wrong? I have just one android device (galaxy s  sys. 2.3.5)

Hatonastick

Interesting.  That's what was happening with mine after the update, but cleaning did seem to make a difference.  The only thing is although I don't have your problem anymore, there's definitely odd things going on with the display from reduced speed to not displaying all the graphics.  This is on Android 2.2 though.  Today I'm going to try Android 2.3.4 and see if it's the same.

Edit:  Ok so far I'm getting the same results on 2.3.4 phone that I've gotten on the 2.2 tablet.  Reduced speeds and weird problems with graphics.  Take the GLB 3D example Shadows.  I had that compiled and running mostly fine (except for z order issue) on both devices before the update.  Now they both run it extremely slowly and the lines that mark the axis (red blue and green) are all bent and kinked.  Very odd stuff.  The Mobile device Keyboard that Ampos came up with run fine (sort of, there was a scaling issue) on both devices before the update, now all you get is a white screen.  I'm getting similar results with everything I'm trying that worked before the update.  Will be interested to see if someone has no problems compiling and running on Android after this last update.

caffeinekid

My game runs about 10 times slower and the graphics are not centred now for some reason, when they were before. Oops.

MrTAToad

Will have to try it on mine later :)

Kitty Hello

oh no :(
I needed an image format with an alpha and a Z-buffer. Does this really impact framerates so hard?

The clean is required to copy the new libs in the distribution dir. If you get strange scalings, the manifest.xml might have been altered. You can try to keep a copy of the old one.

Hatonastick

Unfortunately yes it seems as if it has.

Would that affect 3D as well?  Just that it's really odd what happens to the axis lines in the Shadow example.  Before the update it looked fine (other than z order) but now x, y,  and z lines are wiggly instead of straight.

Kitty Hello

the scaling of the app has been changed in the manifest file then. I think. Can you post an image?

Hatonastick

Well it's so faded it looks completely grey, you can only just tell there is a torus in the background (on screen, not this screenshot which is awful) and the bent lines.  The white is from the white background of the GLB logo.  This is of course, not that anyone can tell, Shadows sample running on my Android tablet.  Looks pretty much the same on my phone too.  Oh, and it would be running around 5FPS or so which is a lot less than it did before.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

OK, new update fixes some Android errors. I can test on my HP Touchpad now and everything's running quickly. (GRABSPRITE might fail -> use Createscreen).

Mikele

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-31
OK, new update fixes some Android errors. I can test on my HP Touchpad now and everything's running quickly. (GRABSPRITE might fail -> use Createscreen).

Is another update online? Now I've tried to update and GLBasic Update Manager crashes just after downloading part. :\

MrTAToad

Not yet it seems - I still have the latest version...

Mikele

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Oct-31
Not yet it seems - I still have the latest version...

Ok thanks. Hmm but now I can't update 10.118 to 10.156 anymore.

Ian Price

Quote from: Mikele on 2011-Oct-31
Is another update online? Now I've tried to update and GLBasic Update Manager crashes just after downloading part. :\

Same here.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

10.156 I thought was the latest version before this update  :S