Update

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I can confirm that the selection ISN'T stored. minion is indeed correct, as I noticed this too - I'm doing a lot of compiling for webOS and have to keep selecting it all the time.
I came. I saw. I played.

Minion

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Nov-09
I can confirm that the selection ISN'T stored. minion is indeed correct, as I noticed this too - I'm doing a lot of compiling for webOS and have to keep selecting it all the time.

That goodness its not just me....I thought I was going (more) madder than normal.

Kitty Hello

can you please attach a proejct file (.gbaP) after you selected the platform of choice and pressed "Save All" button?
It's really weird, because it works here and I didn't touch a thing.
...unless it might have problems with hidden platforms!! AH, I think I have a trace!

ampos

Yes, every time you press que MULTIPLTFORM COMPILE button, the target platform is not selected.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

Crivens

This doesn't happen on every computer. I reported it about a week ago before I went on holiday. My laptop has this bug but my desktop doesn't.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Kitty Hello

fixed in next update.

Nathan

Is the "image off by 1 pixel" being looked into, could it be the reason I'm having this problem, which is basically seems like some image corruption when drawing a sprite to the screen when using polyvector.  As demonstrated with the attached image.  The sprite on the left is rendered using ZOOMSPRITE, the one on the right is using POLYVECTOR, notice the corrupt around the edges.

If it isn't this problem then does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

If you are sure that your polyvector sprite co-ords are OK, have you made sure that you are using SMOOTHSHADING FALSE to turn off interpolation (smoothing)? It could be smoothing of the sprites on each side of the plane that's causing the problems.

I've not noticed this problem with any of my apps.
I came. I saw. I played.

Nathan

I tried smoothshading with TRUE and FALSE and didn't make any difference.  I think my polyvector coords are correct, but then it's always worth having it double checked.
*But* I've just tried it now and it's working, at least in this test application I've created here, in my main "game" it still gives corruption, even though, to be safe, I copy and pasted my polyvector command from here to it.  But I don't know why this test would go wrong and then 10 minutes later start working.

Code (glbasic) Select
// --------------------------------- //
// Project: polyvectorTest
// Start: Monday, November 14, 2011
// IDE Version: 10.159

SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // go to media files
LOADSPRITE "bomber.png", 0
GLOBAL screenWidth%
GLOBAL screenHeight%
GLOBAL x
GLOBAL y
GLOBAL mouseX
GLOBAL mouseY
GLOBAL mouseB1
GLOBAL mouseB2
GETSCREENSIZE screenWidth, screenHeight
SMOOTHSHADING TRUE

x = screenWidth
y = screenHeight / 2

WHILE x > 0
MOUSESTATE mouseX, mouseY, mouseB1, mouseB2

STARTPOLY 0, FALSE
POLYVECTOR x,      y,      0,   0, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x,      y + 16, 0,  16, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x + 16, y + 16, 16, 16, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x + 16, y,      16,  0, RGB(255, 255, 255)
ENDPOLY
DEC x, 1
ZOOMSPRITE 0, mouseX, mouseY, 1, 1
SHOWSCREEN
WEND
END

So excuse me while I hurl my PC out the window onto the street outside. :'(

Kitty Hello

attache the image, too. I'll have a look then. Something seems different with the new update and polyvector.

Nathan

Okay thanks Gernot, I'm at work presently and don't have the image to hand, so I'll do it tonight if you don't mind.
Should have uploaded it to google docs or something, maybe I need to find a way of having all my stuff on a remote network which I can develop from, does anyone else do this?  Having said that, it's probably a bit cheeky to do GLB stuff during work hours.   :whistle:

Slydog

I use Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/ to host my project files.
They have a free 2Gb account, which is plenty for me.

What I love about Dropbox is it works by keeping a certain folder in sync with your account.
Any changes you save to this folder are synced to all computers connected to this account.
Great for groups working on a project, or sharing resources.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

So... we could use dropbox for a community project? (how) does it resolve issues where 2 people changed something at the same time?

Slydog

For a community project, where more than one member can update the SAME source code file, you would need a Source Control manager such as:

TortoiseHg
http://tortoisesvn.net/about.html

This is a tool related to Tortoise, not sure what it does, but I had it bookmarked too:
http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/about.html

In theory, two people can edit the same file, and the manager will merge the two changes together as best as it can.
If you limit each person to only edit one file at a time (manual process), you don't need any of this, but can be dangerous.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Nathan

Yeah we use SVN and Tortoise Shell extensively at my work for our Source Control, but not over community based projects, it's just local to us on the LAN.  The programmers who use SVN and Tortoise for the backend code use Tortoise Merge to replicate the changes through the branches, but the first time I used it, it completely buggered up my .XSL file, so I haven't used it since?!  :)
But I was more thinking of perhaps opening up my router so I could connect to it from anywhere I like, I know a couple of people who've done this, but seems dangerous to me.  Maybe a solution like GotoMyPC or something is worth looking into.

Anyway, back to the original problem, attached is the sprite image that is causing the problem above.  But I've just had a rare brainwave, basically the image displays okay when using

DEC x, 1

... but if I change it to

DEC x, 0.5

... then that's when the image corruption starts appearing.  So I don't know if this is a problem or not?  Actually I've just changed the code slightly, the image is now displayed twice again, 1 with POLYVECTOR and one with DRAWSPRITE and the DRAWSPRITE doesn't have the problem.

Code (glbasic) Select
// Project: polyvectorTest
// Start: Monday, November 14, 2011
// IDE Version: 10.159

SETCURRENTDIR("Media") // go to media files

LOADSPRITE "bomber.png", 0
GLOBAL screenWidth%
GLOBAL screenHeight%
GLOBAL x
GLOBAL y
GLOBAL x2
GLOBAL y2

GETSCREENSIZE screenWidth, screenHeight

SMOOTHSHADING FALSE

x = screenWidth
y = screenHeight / 2

x2 = screenWidth
y2 = screenHeight / 2 + 32

WHILE x > 0
STARTPOLY 0, FALSE
POLYVECTOR x,      y,      0,   0, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x,      y + 16, 0,  16, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x + 16, y + 16, 16, 16, RGB(255, 255, 255)
POLYVECTOR x + 16, y,      16,  0, RGB(255, 255, 255)
ENDPOLY
DEC x, 0.5

DRAWSPRITE 0, x2, y2
DEC x2, 0.5

SHOWSCREEN
WEND
END

[attachment deleted by admin]