3ds to ddd Konverter

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaron

Hallo liebe GLBasicer!

Ich habe ein Problem mit dem Konverter. Er konvertiert zwar brav meine 3ds Meshes, nur sind die teilweise extrem groß als ddd File.

Aus einem einfachen 3ds Mesh mit 1582 Dreiecken mit einer Größe von knapp 33kb macht der Konverter eine DDD Datei in der Größe von 7MB(!)!!

Das passiert aber nicht bei allen sondern aktuell nur bei einem meiner Meshes. Bei einem anderen macht er aus der 18kb 3ds Datei immerhin noch ein 700kb großes File...

mentalthink

Hi Xaron Willkommen (I comment in English, my Deustch not it´s good yet)...

When you convert the model, you check the box only 1 frame... be carefully, because the .ddd converter convert always 100 Frames... I think this not it´s too much efficient...

Be sure you don´t use in you soft any "MeshSmooth" modifier for rounding the shape of the 3D Mesh...

And if you use 3ds Max, you have a exporter for this Suite and runs perfectly, I use full time...

It´s very extrange 7mb, I use this tool this same week and I don´t have this trouble!!!

I hope I can help you.

Regards,

Xaron

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately I don't know what's wrong. I have a modeller who does the stuff for me, but maybe you can take a look at it? I've attached the zipped 3ds file...

Thanks again!

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]

mentalthink

HI Xaron I leave you the project complete, for you can see your model turning arround itself...

I think the problem whit the model, not it´s the number polys, I´m sure 100%, don´t have a lot of polys... but the model it´s builded whit a lot of parts... each part it´s like a one mesh, and I count more than 20 parts...

Don´t mind, I collapsed the .3ds and I do it the .ddd...

Regards, and if you have any doubt.. we are here!!!  :good: :good: :good:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Xaron

Thanks so much!  :nw: