Mac build: can't locate framework for: -framework OpenGL

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

I'm trying to run a Mac build of my game. The compiler throws this error:

Code (glbasic) Select
compile+link:
/cygdrive/q/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: can't locate framework for: -framework OpenGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum[/td]

Where is it looking for the framework? Any ideas on how to solve this?

spacefractal

Which version of glbasic? here with v15, its compiles fine with this output, except some permersion issue, but does look like its compile fine.

Code (glbasic) Select

"Funcs_Tiles.gbas"(496) warning : GPC1004 variable already exists : obj
Wordcount:6110 commands
compile+link:
Creating .app for PowerUp_Elevation
/cygdrive/d/Programmer/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/bin/chmod: changing permissions of `E:\\Dokumenter\\Programmer\\Glbasic\\GLBasic\\PowerUpElevation\\distribute\\MacOSX\\PowerUp_Elevation.app\\Contents\\MacOS\\MacOSX': Permission denied
success
Elapsed: 9.2 sec. Time: 15:37
Build: 1 succeeded.

But have no Mac to testing it.

Also in the far future, glbasic will property dropping MacOS support. We can only support MacOS as long OpenGL is possible and as long Apple Approve OpenGL apps in their stores. OpenGL is depreacted, but its does still working. Property a least in few future versions.

Property you should try to move your glbasic to a folder that does not have a spacebar in, since the Q drive might have issues.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

Quote from: spacefractal on 2018-Nov-23
Which version of glbasic? here with v15, its compiles fine with this output, except some permersion issue, but does look like its compile fine.

Code (glbasic) Select

"Funcs_Tiles.gbas"(496) warning : GPC1004 variable already exists : obj
Wordcount:6110 commands
compile+link:
Creating .app for PowerUp_Elevation
/cygdrive/d/Programmer/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/bin/chmod: changing permissions of `E:\\Dokumenter\\Programmer\\Glbasic\\GLBasic\\PowerUpElevation\\distribute\\MacOSX\\PowerUp_Elevation.app\\Contents\\MacOS\\MacOSX': Permission denied
success
Elapsed: 9.2 sec. Time: 15:37
Build: 1 succeeded.

But have no Mac to testing it.

Also in the far future, glbasic will property dropping MacOS support. We can only support MacOS as long OpenGL is possible and as long Apple Approve OpenGL apps in their stores. OpenGL is depreacted, but its does still working. Property a least in few future versions.

Property you should try to move your glbasic to a folder that does not have a spacebar in, since the Q drive might have issues.

I'm running GLB v15. Compiling on Windows 7. Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try the no spacebar thing.  :good: I also had some problems with file permissions after unzipping the downloaded file.

r0ber7

Does anyone have an idea about where ld looks for the framework OpenGL? I tried a test program (just test.gbas, no spaces in the name) and it gives me the same error. :( I've looked into platform.ini but it seems like all the files are there. All the file permissions are set correctly too, so I don't see why it should give this error.  :blink:

spacefractal

no idea. here im have just downloaded the macos platform from the main page. Im do have no idea this platform still can compile on Windows 7. With Windows 10, its compile without issue, just not testing.

That im mean was the glbasic installation, should been using no spacing in the path. its mightbeen have been some issues? Im do not checked that, since om do currectly use D:\Programmer\Glbasic15 here.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

I'm really hoping that I don't have to install Windows 10 just to be able to compile for Mac... So does anyone know where ld looks for its frameworks? What directories?  :doubt:

spacefractal

The Mac Build might require a newer windows. Im have no idea why, just as im can say its compile fine on Windows 10, only with some permission issue (but im have no Mac anymore, nor no iPhone, which im got it smashed accidently for some month ago).