3ds max 2008-2012(32-64bit) Exporter for Gl Basic. UPDATED to V0.2

Previous topic - Next topic

VlasovAlexey

Quote from: matchy on 2011-May-22

I couldn't get non-standard materials to import though so I'd would really, really, really appreciate if this was working.

GLBasic have one limitation - one object has one texture. This important for understanding. Different 3Ds Max materials can be multi texture or layered or procedural maps. I supporting only Standard material because only this one can be "One Diffuse texture to one Object". For example - object with multisub material must be divided by simple objects for correct visualization and export to GLBasic.

For short. I not support this feature because GLBasic have this limitation. But this limitation is holly grail. One object==one draw call. Very good idea for optimization.

To resolve your problem simple asign Standart Material type for all objects in the Scene.

Sorry for terrible english :'(

matchy

I wasn't aware of the texture baker and it's what I was looking. Thanks for the advice as I'd prefer to use one texture map with white vertices (or maybe shaded).

mentalthink

Hi a little tutorial, it´s asimple brief, but I think can help for people, don´t meet too much 3ds MAX
Greetings!!!
Iván J.

[attachment deleted by admin]

matchy

:good: Actually, I've roughly figured out the baker and mapping the sub materials also from a non standard format.  :-[

mentalthink

A little video for bakup a texture, from 3ds max to Glbasic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqt-35y_7E

Kinds Regards,
Iván J.

PS: Excusem for my BAD, BAD english, sorry!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :giveup:

matchy

Nice tutorial.  8)  The diffuse map for animating a game character as opposed to the complete map.

mentalthink

Cool, nice unwrapping... well not is too much complicated.

If you want, for 3ds max to 2011, now have another baker tool, more powefull, called FLATIRON, very cool plugin.

On the web you can see workings, it´s more quikly than the default tool on max.

erico

You can also use this to uv unwrap your OBJ models, it´s wonderful.
http://www.uvlayout.com/

VlasovAlexey

Quote from: erico on 2011-May-23
You can also use this to uv unwrap your OBJ models, it´s wonderful.
http://www.uvlayout.com/

or use 3Ds Max simular Pelt Tools  :good:

mentalthink

Yes Alexey, I read and I try this tool and it´s very good, but not use too much. I bookmarked, thanks for refreshing my memory.

VlasovAlexey

Quote from: mentalthink on 2011-May-23
A little video for bakup a texture, from 3ds max to Glbasic.

Thanks so much for support Iván!  :booze:

VlasovAlexey

Change List:

V0.2
Fixed the bug with missing UVW Coordinates.

Added support for Binary Format.
Added a new Plug-in "Collision Tools" to GL Basic Tools Menu.
Added the Bounding Box Collision Generator.
Added the Bounding Sphere Collision Generator.

Updated all sample files (converted all *.dda to *.ddd)
Added correct normal lighting to Demo Projects 

V0.1
Starting the new release:

More Info and Download New Version:
http://scan3d.ru/index.php/productsmenu/gl-basic-tools

To update the plug-in you need to delete GLBasicTools:

Customize > Customize User Interface > Menu > GLBasicTools

You also need to delete GLBasic-GLBasicExport.mcr from here:

C:\Documents and Settings ("Users" for Vista or Win7)\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2009 - 32bit (or your version of 3ds Max)\enu\UI\usermacros

Then you need to install the plug-in manually by copying the files into corresponding folder. This file is generated automatically when starting the script for the first time. It is also added automatically to the installed version of 3ds Max.

Please follow the instructions precisely, otherwise the plug-in will not be installed correctly and the new menu tab 'Collision Generator' will not be added. Sorry for the inconvenience, this is how Script Interface 3ds Max works.

Ian Price

Thread unlocked at OP's request. :)

Is there a reason why it was locked?
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello