3rd party " Blitz "decl" wrapper - Can it work in the demo version?

Previous topic - Next topic

NRasool

Hi there, with the demo for GLBasic, is it restricted, apart from watermarks and only able to play upto 5 mins. I'm trying to run the following that Kitty made: http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=2149.0

However when I compile and run it, it says error opening the userlib even though the userlib is in the same directory. I just want to get this running, so I could try and find a way of getting bass running using BBS 1.7.0 userlib over in blitz3d

Many thanks

MrTAToad

Is it in the .app directory with the executable ?

NRasool

Hey MrTAToad

Yup it sure is, I made sure of that after reading through the help file on the structure.

MrTAToad

Are you running it in the IDE or stand-along ?  It wont work if its stand-along - it tries to open the executable (!) if its stand-alone...  Its due to slightly different paths used

Kitty Hello

fire the debugger and see if the path reading the .bb file is parsed correctly.

NRasool

Hi Kitty,

Thanks for your reply, it was a strange one, as I moved the folder to another location and it works for me now. The location it was in before had no strange characters, and it was set network sharing. It did have full control, so unsure why it happened, but it is now working  =D