3DSMAX<-->GLBasic Fusion

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Panther

..I have 3DSMAX licence, and I would like to know what is the best way to engage it with GLBASIC, regarding both, 3D modelling of static geometry /Level/ as well as animated characters, props or whatever?? What should be best art pipeline approach?? Is there exporter for GLbasic format out from 3DSMAX? Any help is welcome..

Schranz0r

Export as *.3ds in youre projectfolder!
Go into GLBasic/tools/3D Converter and convert it to *.ddd..
thats it!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Pink Panther

..sounds simple..but, please, can you explain to me, how to do lightmapping then?? Far sa I know 3DS supporting only 1 UV map set, so its impossible to apply lightmap on to 2nd UV map set since it simply doesnt exist..some small guide about how to do lightmapping regarding art pipeline would be apprechiated..

Kitty Hello

GLBasic does not support 2 uv sets, yet.

Pink Panther

..hmm..but inside feature list staying that GL basic can do lightmapping..so, how is it done??

Kitty Hello

well, you can do multitexturing, thus, making the texture match the lightmaps. I'll implement a 2nd texture unit, it's no problen to be honest.
Can Max export 2 uv channels?

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Pink Panther

3DSMAX can export many UV map channels as given exporter/format supporting..withing 3DSMAX environment(max file) you can use multiple UV map sets without any problems..i just wondering how is it done in GL basic..thats all..multitexturing can do job, but its not that elegant solution for lightmapping...thanks for info..