GLBasic code editor - BR GLB IDE, with VB .Net source... Update: 21.10.2021

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert

I tried it, nice editor.

I have a problem, it's generating an invalid executable, I compared all the *cpp and .h file generated to the temp and not found difference (generated from GLBasic and from BR_GLB_IDE). But the compiled .o file contains a lot of differencies and the a.exe is not a proper win32 executable. I tried to compile with my own command line set and it's working fine, compiling working a.exe.

Maybe i'm using an old GLBasic v12?

Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Users\bdobos\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic>"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\g++.exe" -B"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin" -pipe -O3 -w -c -x c++ -mwindows -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Include" -I"." -D_WINDOWS_ -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_OPENGL *.cpp

C:\Users\bdobos\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic>"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\g++.exe" -Wl,-Bdynamic,-enable-stdcall-fixup,--subsystem,windows -B"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib" -L"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Lib\DX7" -L"." -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Include" *.cpp "C:\Program Files (x86)\glbasic\Compiler\platform\Win32\Bin\icon.o" -lGLBasic -lpng -ldsound -ldinput8 -lwinmm -lole32 -lopengl32 -lvfw32 -lws2_32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32-luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32

dreamerman

Long time from last update :/ new version uploaded, few usefully changes and bug fixes...

@Schranz0r: my GLB ide was only available as compiled app.

@Albert: try newer version, and if problem will still occur contact me with pm :-) That could be due to little mismatch with parsing platform.ini file..
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Albert

Quote from: dreamerman on 2015-Feb-07
@Albert: try newer version, and if problem will still occur contact me with pm :-) That could be due to little mismatch with parsing platform.ini file..

Still the same problem.
Also I found, that you need restart the IDE? if you change something in Tools->Options.
Successfull the compile only if I chack to use pre GPC, but creating a not valid win32 executable
If I uncheck use pre GPC, then I get this error:
Code (glbasic) Select
Running GLBasic compiler
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.060 SN:8ef54a1b - 3D, NET

Wordcount:1 commands

GPC exited with code:  0

c++ sources ready, running gcc...
running cmd: GCC, in 'c:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12'
running cmd: LINK, in 'c:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12'

Some error occured durring compiling... code:  1

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

It will be alive as currently I will use only this editor, just to many code and crazy var names in some projects so hints and all that stuff is very helpfully :-) And due that all bugs that I will find, should be fixed. But some functions won't be implemented for now as they would require to much work, and surely I will earlier release source code - after some clean ups.
btw new version uploaded, some nasty bug with splitters size fixed :d

Schranz0r

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

dreamerman

Previously mostly I tested ide with small projects, but when working with some game prototypes I noticed several annoying bugs :/
Changes from previous version:
- major bug fix with vars, types, functions updating when switching to other file,
- minor fix with types parsing,
Now I didn't noticed any wrong user typed words hints in ide, hope that this won't change :D

Still there are strange problems with compiling, just this .Net stuff is really annoying. Some projects hang's on second compilation / executing (first is ok), other are working perfectly, looks like I will need to investigate compiling stuff again.
If no serious bug will be found, priority will be code clean-up before uploading source code.

Schranz0r

PC:

dreamerman

Update, some fixes in udt auto-completion, few other usefully things fixed/added.
Source code - whole VB .Net project included, note that I didn't use VB from long time :] and this is working project so code doesn't look great, many things are commented - testing purposes and so on... but if anyone find some code usefully, he may use it freely. As this editor will never be so polished in overal aspect as standard editor it would be great if those hints/auto-completion stuff could be added to normal GLB ide.

Schranz0r

The "BuildIn IDE" is not realy state of the art ( to old to get it look nice and keep it updateted )   :|
We have a discussion in the "Sourceforum" about to use you're IDE in the future...
VB is also not the first choice of many Devs, maybe we can convert you're work into C# ?!
What you think about the idea?

PC:

dreamerman

Sounds great, feel free to use any portion of my unpolished code :D
I would advise to use newer version of .Net than me, C# looks good as few things in VB are tricky, most important is to get fully working compiling, and avoid few designer mistakes that I made with my editor :)

Eh.. I see that auto-completion for udt's is still bugged, that's first thing I need to fix, hints for functions and normal variables are working properly.

dreamerman

Update with fixes for udt auto-completion and functions hints that can now handle some code mismatch, at least in my testing suite I didn't found any problem.
Still compilation problems remains, process exit isn't always catch and so on...

dreamerman

Updated to work with GLB v14 platform separation, only tested with 'WIN32' target, but should work with others.
Fixed handling user application output so debuging with 'stdout_fix' will now work always.
Now my IDE only compiles changed files - similar like IncrediBuild function in standard IDE - much faster compilation of same project when changing only one file.
Few smaller changes and fixes... It's still alive ;-)

erico

Nice to see this back on track this new year! Keep it up. :good: