GLBasic code editor - BR GLB IDE, with VB .Net source... Update: 21.10.2021

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerman

:o Eh, yes, such error occurred after clicking on Scintilla object - but only if you didn't loaded existing project or created new one, just project info wasn't initialized, so loading/creating was working properly. Now it's ok, ide creates blank temp project. That was a little problem, other changes from last version:
- before loading sources ide copies them to backup directory,
- small fixes in: searching words for autocomplete, rename source file, 'create project' functions, updating user functions (both: itself and arguments), additionally empty line at end of source isn't added anymore,
Mostly changes in autocomplete and code change tracking.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

dreamerman

Another update, again some fixes in auto-complete, hints, code tracking, full info in change-log file... Still no comments? :/

Schranz0r

I think you have it in a realy early stage.
Can't compile with it...

Maybe you have to write a "step by step" instruction to get this running...
Maybe then you get youre response?!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

Sorry, I have been willing to give this a go for a while, but alas time is not allowing me much, will try to check it out later today.
Step by step (uhhh baaabyyy... :P) instructions is a good idea.

dreamerman

I thought that info from first post will be sufficient.

But ok step-by-step:
1. Download and install .Net 2.0 Framework Redistributable / Client Pack, newer system have it built-in.
2. Compile any project with normal GLB IDE, and copy 'glblicence.inc' to app directory. This file is needed by glbasic compiler, but files from temp dir are always deleted, so we need to have it in some place and copy each time before compiling.
3. Run my IDE, goto 'tools->Options', type proper path to your GLBasic dir (to know where is the compiler, both stable and beta, they can be the same, for example: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GLBasic_v12'), also specify company name, save cfg.
4. Load your project, edit, select win32 platform, compile. All should work now.
5. DEBUG command doesn't work (it just don't show info), to replace it use STDOUT with fix from first post.

If any error/problem occurs let me know. Most important, does hints, auto-complete work ok for your project...

Schranz0r

OK, got it working now!

got still some errors like i post befor...
But good work so far, fix the issus and you are ready to rumble :)

Maybe some installationguid on the first start would be great! ( to point at the GLBasic installation )

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Hemlos

Well since ive been monitoring this thread, and you asked for a comment =D
According to the first message in this thread, this project is a "hand-me-down".

1. Who started it?

2. Why are you spending so much time reinventing the wheel?
You said GLBasic isnt the best for making applications....its all about being basic, and making games.

3. Why is this thread in announcements and not in code snippets? (or better yet, BETA(really this is ALPHA))
I mean, you didnt even iron out all the kinks before "announcing" it.

4. ATM, The best IDE for GLBasic....GLBasic.
Seriously, Gernot has been working on this IDE for over a decade, and you basically just got here.

-Love ya,
Neil. :S

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Moru

You might want to change the name of the IDE, it can be confused with the company making GLBasic...
http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=contact

dreamerman

Schranz0r:
As I assume after loading some project you can't edit it, due error, if you could provide little more info (how many files, is there any c++ inline) it would be helpfully..

Helmos:
1. Ide/code editor is totally written by me, in VB .Net and with use of Scintilla.Net.
Pre-GPC archive (little pb app that can be used it other editors like SublimeText), includes SumblimeText 'package' started by Albert here, I have edited that package to get it working with my pre-compiler, apparently I removed info about that from first post, since I focused on code editor. I will add it again...
2. Hm..  Yes, in my opinion GLB isn't best for making applications in desktop system meaning (e.g. ftp client), but it's great for games.
3. Currently this topic is about still unfinished application, so you have right, please move it to beta subforum, it would be more appropriate than 'code-snippets'...
4. Every one can have their own opinion  :)
Additional answer to 2 & 4: This project (code editor) started, because I felt that standard GLB IDE is insufficient for my needs, lacks some features that are crucial for me, and it was hard to manage bigger projects without them. I wanted to have at least few things that were very helpful in other ide's like VS, Qt Creator, and thats all about it, no hidden/bad intentions. I have some unfinished glb projects, and for them new code editor was first thing to make, after testing my projects, that were loaded, compiled without errors, and having some pm about that ide I decided to make more frequent updates on forum. I hope that no one feels offended  :|

Moru:
Thanks, I totally forgot about that, with next update app name will be changed.

Schranz0r

I create a new project with the IDE with just:

Code (glbasic) Select

WHILE TRUE

PRINT "HELLO WORLD",10,10

SHOWSCREEN
WEND

set the compiler to Win32, set the GLBasic path and hit F8
It runs fine!
Then i closed the GLB-Window and clicked on the right lower side were the functions are listed.
Boom, same error like a post before (screenshot)

PC:

Hemlos

Ahh that explains everything  :good:

-Neil
PS. WB  8)
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

dreamerman

Schranz0r:
Can't reproduce that error, no such problems after creating & compiling new project. I made some changes in project creating function, maybe this will help.

New version available today, I have added few text manipulation functions and shortcuts to GLB tools.

Schranz0r

:booze:

i give it a try! :)
Like the autocomplettion with types in this IDE!

PC:

Albert

Quote from: dreamerman on 2014-Sep-03

Pre-GPC archive (little pb app that can be used it other editors like SublimeText), includes SumblimeText 'package' started by Albert here, I have edited that package to get it working with my pre-compiler, apparently I removed info about that from first post, since I focused on code editor. I will add it again...

Hey it's me! I'm glad somebody found my experiment useful!  :enc:

Schranz0r

PC: