Turtle for Android

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Ah Logo, I first used it on an Apple 2 at school. It's easily forgotten how instantly rewarding this simple graphical language is for a programmer noobie. It's a smart place to start, even smarter than Basic IMHO. Well done MrPlow.  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Thanks! - getting a few downloads...maybe it'll get seen more after a week or two.
Comp:

dreamerman

I assume that it requires device with keyboard built-in? As it is unavailable for my Android devices (7'' old tablet and Xiaomi phone).
Despite that I can't check it, app looks really nice, specially on yt video. :]
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

No, no keyboard...just click the command buttons :)
Comp:

yaKC

Ooh i like the interface, i was just reading an ancient document about plotters earlier and it reminded me of those circular roving ones they paired with Logo at schools.

dreamerman

I meant that app is 'not compatible' with my devices, and can't install it from Play Store, have you selected any special requirements for it? As I have checked other your games and I can install them normally.

MrPlow

Quote from: dreamerman on 2018-May-21
I meant that app is 'not compatible' with my devices, and can't install it from Play Store, have you selected any special requirements for it? As I have checked other your games and I can install them normally.

Hi only difference is small screen is disabled reduce complaints from users that can't operate it on a small screen.
I noticed I had a half-released version in limbo so I pushed that thru now too... try again in about 1 hr from this post time.
:)
Comp:

MrPlow

I amended and updated this recently on Android

There were some bugs that I failed to spot last autumn / winter.

Anyway, a kind user got in touch and pointed out the issues and tested it for me.

Now starting to crawl back from a bad dose of 1-STARitis  :sick:

Comp:

dreamerman

Now it's normally visible and I can install it. Didn't encounter any issues. You can add two things (that may be not compatible with LOGO commands): drawing width - for example PD x (x is width), and command to fill region with selected color.

MrPlow

Thanks - the setpensize option could be done handy enough :)
Will look at that. Fill is a bit tricker and could produce unexpected results....but maybe...
Comp: