Android Compiling error

Previous topic - Next topic

Minion

Its been a while since i did some compiling for android (bout 3 years) but wanted to get back into it. So I grabbed the Java JDK, set the home var, installed the GLB Android platform. Then compiled and got this .....

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:1069 commands
compile+link:

running glb_build.bat
Using ANDROID_TARGET="android-22"
You can use "E:\GLB\GLBasic\Swoop\distribute\Android\glb_android_build.bat" to change the API level and SDK path.
%ANDROIDSDK% not set. Using GLBasic's default target-22, Android 5.1 (Lollipop
ECHO is off.
androidmanifest.xml:
Make sure to check do a manual check for those.
android:minSdkVersion="10" android:targetSdkVersion="22"
ECHO is off.

AndroidIcons.exe [v21-3-2015] running...
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_36_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-ldpi/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_48_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-mdpi/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_72_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_72_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-hdpi/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_96_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_180_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-xxhdpi/icon.png
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_192_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-xxxhdpi/icon.png
E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_ouya_AndroidExtras.png is missing (732x412 size)
the Ouya icon is not important, if you dont want to support the console
copy E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/icon_ouya_AndroidExtras.png to E:/GLB/GLBasic/Swoop/distribute/Android/res/drawable-xhdpi/ouya_icon.png

Checked AdActivity (intersititals):
Does not uses a AdActivity

Android Extras version (SDLActivity.java):

Checking Icons Finished...

BUILD STAGE 2: Start compiler (android.bat)
SDK=Q:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\..\android-sdk-windows
The system cannot find the path specified.
[b]ERROR: SWT folder 'lib\x86_64' does not exist.
Please set ANDROID_SWT to point to the folder containing swt.jar for your platform.[/b]
[b]BUILD STAGE 3: Build a debug build
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed[/b]
BUILD STAGE 4: Build a release build
Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\lib\tools.jar
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
Build failed
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xms256m -Xmx512m
HOW TO INSTALL? Install by invoke this command:
"Q:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\..\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe" install -r "E:\GLB\GLBasic\Swoop\distribute\Android/bin/glbasic-debug.apk"
HOW TO SIGN? Sign it by invoke this command:
"Q:\Compiler\platform\android\bin\glb_code_sign.bat" "E:\GLB\GLBasic\Swoop\distribute\Android"
Android=E:\GLB\GLBasic\Swoop\distribute\Android
success
Elapsed: 6.0 sec. Time: 11:29
Build: 1 succeeded.

Whats the SWT folder its on about ?

And why cant it find the build.xml ?

I assume after that thats why the whole thing fails. Any ideas/suggestions on why/what to do ?

Ta muchly

spacefractal

try to remove the old distribution first. Its property a issue in the androidmanifest.xml. The SDK is today using Android 5.1 Api.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Minion

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance, but how do I remove the old distribution (what is the old distribution ) ?

spacefractal

\distribute\Android\ in where our game source code is. Im thinks its a issue in androidmanifest.xml using a old none exists SDK.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Minion

I tried that and it had no effect :(

Although I cant see how that would help as that folder didnt exist until I tried the compile for android.

This is a new computer with a new install of GLB and new java install. All fresh and new. Please help.

erico

Is your sys win 10? Which GLB are you using? Is you java a 32 bit version 7? (mine is 7.0_79)

spacefractal

im uses 8 Update 91.

erico

By the looks of it, Minion´s trouble is probably related to the java version.
I think I had the same a long time ago.

Minion

Thanks Erico. I swear that oracle site is so un-user friendly. I was sure I grabbed the 32 bit version. But installing java SDK again and it seems to work fine now.

erico

I´m glad it works. Give some thanks to Mental Think too as he is responsible for teaching me about compiling to android. :good:
Now that things are working, LET´S SEE SOME CODING! What are you up to on android?