Androidsdk variable

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi

Compiling now on a different laptop but getting the odd user telling me the app stopped working...not many but want to fix this issue...
I noticed I am getting "%ANDROIDSDK% is not set" is there a simple fix for this I tried set AndroidSDK={glb android location}

But no joy. I think this is the reason as the app is set in manifest to ="18" as target version and the without the androidsdk variable the system defaults to compile for ="19"

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

the current SDK im using is version 22 only, Android 5.1.

im will not support older versions again here, howover if you using a older glbasic and version, checkout which version you can uses in this folder:
platform\android\android-sdk-windows\platforms

The target must been the version you can use and see this. If you not do that, then compile will fail.

When im a day update Android Extras and also update Admob, then im will update it to Android 6.0 SDK (Version 23). Im will not try to update to Android 7.x this time.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Thanks SF,

Still hanging on to old version for now. I got it working, I will need to do a side-load of the new version and extensively test the new version and AE features and Admob features before I commit. Just have a lot of existing users and don't want to suddenly create any problems.

Also v12 is working for me for PC, Linux and Mac - do you know the stability of those on v14?

Anyhow back working now. :)
Comp:

spacefractal

Should not been a issue on v14. Im do haven't checked the new commands yet through. As least not on windows, android and iOS I'm using.

Im will still checking out android 6.0 and update admob to use that sdk. I'm also believe why the eventuelly crashes came from (HIBERNATE issues). I'm diddent remind im removed admob, but just have not want to update it since that day. However it's will been removed if Android TV is detected anyway (because its does not exists to that platform).

But due various issue (sig, stress, very bad connection and other thing) I'm haven't coded in about a month. I'm do recover and will been back again soon (but no TBA). So no worry at all. Currently I'm do checking testing a Manic Miner game......
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

No worries, look after yourself. Hope you feel better soon. :)
Comp: