New Zombie Game

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Here are the screenies on last post.
I could probably adapt it to your needs.
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=10134.15

MrPlow

Just seen this now Erico,

Your grid map are the squares made up of smaller tiles or just a large tile?

How are you controlling the collisions etc.?
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

I wacth the video on youtube and I like a lot, the music very nice, and the enemies super nice too, I think the game have to be vey funny and really is interesting how have to play it, not is goes with the gun kill everything, you have to wait and think a bit ... Like me a lot.

Perhaps the only idea I can give you is about the graphics, perhaps the ground or the enviorement more creepy, imagine a graveyard, with the tumbs and the grass ground this things, and some rain with rays... (only like a comment).

erico

Quote from: MrPlow on 2015-Jul-28
Your grid map are the squares made up of smaller tiles or just a large tile?
How are you controlling the collisions etc.?

No collisions yet, this is just a map generator.

I have an array for the full map(tile by tile), and another for the zones(5 tiles x 5 tiles).
The original idea was to have pre-made 5x5 sets (of the walls) to but together but I then changed my mind to something more RND.

spacefractal

Secomd gime it got removed. For me its mofe in annomcement and not beta, im thinks Ploy have te final choice.

Its do fell like a nice game. Did you tried gameinput api? If only release on windowd, just use joy commands direction
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Getting moved a lot - lol!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I am tweaking the gameplay a bit to try and workout the correct way to score the player...

I have some changes in mind but will see...

I haven't tried the game input api yet - I got my ouya controller to work a bit - but only a 1 stick option...the 2nd stick is registered as always up for some reason.

I ordered a logitech pad to get the controls down...wont have it for a few days yet.

I noticed the getjoy commands slowing down my app after disconnecting the joypad...?!

Comp:

erico

Ok moving stuff, it is just organizations on the forum, should make things easier for new chaps, thanks Hemlos!

Plow, you can´t go wrong with a logitech joy so far, they seem to last forever and with a hardcore beating...even more then sega original pads. :good:

spacefractal

I'm thinks it's was a bug with Android extras older versions, possible in first version of game input api to. I'm saw that bug when I'm uses same scheme in CatchOut and fixed it.

I'm do only support the last api method now. So I'm not fixing the issue with the android.gamecontroller() thing.

I'm can move the thread back when game is ready. I'm did asked first before moving.

For right stick, you DO require user remapping. The right stick is mapped different from pad to pad.

It's possible with game input api. I'm already wrote about it.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Cheers Guys,

Space Fractal - seen the game input post - thanks...dont fully understand how it works yet...but some testing will hopefully sort that out.

Is the controller mapped to keys for the dual sticks to work?

Dont understand difference between GetButton and ActionButton

Comp:

spacefractal

There is no GameInput.GetButton(Player), but a GameInput.GetNameButton(Player). That function just return the name button string to corresponds to the user controller. Howover there might have been a Android.GetButton(), but that function is depreacted.

for RIGHT stick, its GameInput.RightStick_Left(Player), GameInput.RightStick_Right(Player), GameInput.RightStick_Up(Player) and GameInput.RightStick_Down(Player) to been used. A float between 0 and 1 is returned for all platforms.

If you remember to let user remap the controller for Android users (im have added instructions in v1.3), those remapped values will reflect to the above commands.

GameInput works also more than just Android.

Hemlos

Very Unique game i think.
Looks challenging too, which is fun!
Bravo
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

MrPlow

Thanks Hemlos!
Its for the IGMC contest...hoping to get all your votes when it starts :)

Quote from: Hemlos on 2015-Aug-03
Very Unique game i think.
Looks challenging too, which is fun!
Bravo
Comp:

MrPlow

New main menu - Gamepad support / Global hiscores etc
Comp:

MrPlow

Comp:

spacefractal

in GameInput and using the CostumeRemapping.Defaults_Dualstick(), then im have WASD keys mapped as a left stick and ARROW keys mapped and act as its was a right stick. Im not have mapped any special ActionButton keys throught (other and "A" is Space on keyboard").

Im thinked in most dual stiick games, you do movement with left stick and shoot with right stick. Im did thinks its should been same on keyboard. Also WASD movement and ARROW for shooting.

Here you have do the other way. Mightbeen im should have added a left and a right option mapped version on the keyboard. Also its mightbeen nothing wrong in your game. But im will do a possible to swap the layout when using Defaults_Dualstick(). So im do that in next version of GameInput.

PS. You can also map the 3 required buttons your self, so you solely can uses GameInput as your movement API.