Forum down and back

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

kanonet

3rd time, really? Sorry no useful post, im still amazed...
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

Quote from: Moru on 2015-May-31
I am doing backups by hand when I have the time. I still have one from 2015-05-17 if that is interesting. If you give me login details I can fix up the backup scripts too.
Gernot, your email is still not working, anywhere else I can send the backup?

Hey Moru,
I´m a noob on how that exactly works, but by all means I would like to know more.
Like, could I buy an extra drive and do a daily backup of the forums myself?
Is that possible? If so, can you point me to some info on how to make it happen?

Moru

No, you need admin access for that. Just can't restore without ssh access to the server.

Schranz0r

The easy way:

Do a cronejob every day , maybe at 3am, ob the Mainserver and zip the forumfiles/SQL-Files.
Rent a cheap VNServer and to da Cronjob at 3:30am and download the Backup.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kitty Hello

I think I pay for someone to set it allup for me. There's no way I can get this working alone. I thought that is a job of my server provider. :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

MrTAToad

It should be really...

Gary

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2015-Jun-01
I think I pay for someone to set it allup for me. There's no way I can get this working alone. I thought that is a job of my server provider. :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

What are you paying per month/year for your site hosting? I have a server from a company called Penguin-UK and cannot fault their service, you can even set up full backups and everything directly at what ever frequency of backup you want. Give me a PM if you want more details, I am more than willing to help backup and move the site if you want. I have moved some fairly big sites with large SQL databases in the past

mentalthink

1+ for money  ;) if it's needed.

Marmor

Ian Price

I'd happily pay a monthly fee to ensure the forums remained intact (or as good as).
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

+1 ,
also, I had experimented some instability today, about some hours ago.

spacefractal

If its a Windows server, its might due Windows Update thing :-). Im diddent notice anything.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Moru

People still run those things as servers? :-)

MrTAToad

People try to run Window servers..