long delay when running my android app on a samsung galaxy or hangs

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunjake

I have been having this problem for a while, My apps has 143 mb of graphic and data, the data is copied from media to the assets directory as it should on compile.

but it hangs when I run the app, if I delete the media dirtectory or rename it. so it doesnt get copied, it work fine.

I have tried it with a simple loop, with and without the media directory and its always hangs if the the media directory in place..

I have coded the routine just to start and then come out, its like its got stuck loading something. is there some thing im doing wrong.

Kitty Hello

is there enough free space?
View the logfile output.

spudgunjake

got 4 gig on internal memory.

if I force quit, and then run, its works, goes straint in, but the graphics dont get loaded, or at least some do and some dont.

spudgunjake

Kitty Hello

in compiler/platform/android/bin, there's a file "_Logview.bat" - it prints all debug information and your STDOUT commands.

Please remove the app and re-upload it. It seems to have not written all assets to readable space.

spudgunjake

all its says is this.

@ECHO OFF

:: install Android SDK, Android NDK
:: install JDK

set HERE=%~dp0

set ANDROIDSDK=%HERE%..\android-sdk-windows
set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24

set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

"%ANDROIDSDK%\platform-tools\adb.exe" shell logcat glbasic:I SDL:I *:S

IF "%NOPAUSE%"=="" PAUSE

Minion

Spud,

You need to run that batch file (a command window will pop up), then run your app on your phone. As the app runs, debug details will appear in the command window, and hopefully show details of where/why its pausing. You can then C/P the contents of the command window here and someone can look at it and decipher it.