3D Modeller

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Yes SpongeBob I use a couple of times but really I don't understand too much how wroks, and I try to use the help, but not it's too much clear..

I look some models like sonic animated and really make a good work, and the nice point it's directly works in GLBasic, I think remind Fragmotion have a .DDA exporter inner the soft.

Thanks and Welcome it's the first time I see in the Boards, Welcome.

fuzzy70

DeleD is a free modeller aimed towards low poly/games http://www.delgine.com/. 11MB download & supports quite a few file formats included, UV editor etc (& I think it does lightmapping also). I used it quite often when I was using Blitz3D & while it lacks power features, for low poly games modelling it does the job pretty well.

There's also wings3d, another freebie but lacks animation features, & I'm sure Hexagon from Daz3D is still free which has lots of features.

I would say all the above are very good for getting your feet wet in 3D before moving onto a more advanced package & more than capable for making game graphics (unless your after mega poly AAA grade game graphics).

Granted Blender is without doubt the most powerful of the free ones but there is a price, basically steep learning curve & a UI from hell, that's just my personal opinion from spending many years with Cinema4D & what I think has the cleanest UI of all the 3D software (probably slightly biased  :D).

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)