Debugger - Don't scroll debug tab when stepping through code

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureCow

I'm stepping through my code trying to find when a  variable changes to a certain value. I've got over a screenful of variables showing in the debugger and the one I'm watching is at the top of the list.
It's really annoying that every time I step through my code, the debug window scrolls down to the bottom and I have to rescroll up again to find my variable.
Can ctrl-f10 please not reset the scroll position of the debug window?

Kitty Hello

It's full shit, I know.
I try to get something working, so you get a tooltip when you run over a variable. Also, there should be an option to explicitly define which variables are to be printed. Maybe I make a non-modal window for that, where you can type variable names and the debugger prints the result.

FutureCow

It's not "full shit" it's just a "work in progress"!
My biggest wish at this point would be to be able to step through the code AND see the graphics window at the same time  :happy:.
Failing that, I'd settle for just not resetting the debug window location at the moment  :)

Mind you, the other features would be awesome too!!!

Kitty Hello

But you can put the windows side-by-side, no?

FutureCow

No. I can put the windows side by side, but as soon as I hit pause to step through the code, the display window disappears. It doesn't come back until I use run again - if I'm stepping through my code (which I do lots of) then I can't see my display window at all.

Kitty Hello

Moru

Oh yes, this I have been missing since I started with GLBasic. Didn't know it was supposed to work?

FutureCow

It's one of the few things I miss after moving from Blitz3D to GLBasic.
GLBasic wins hands down though!  ;)

FutureCow

Another fault I noticed today.
I had an out of bounds error on an array when running my code in debug mode. I had the "Jumps" tab open when I ran the program, and when it aborted I went to the debug tab - nothing there. When I ran it again (with the debug tab open before I started the program) when it crashed I had debug info.
Can the debug info please stay there until the next program run?

FutureCow

As this has been in the queue for a long time I thought I'd ask if anything has happened in regards to this? The non-scroll change on the debug window would really help when debugging.
Being able to display the IDE and the running program at the same time would be great too - currently once you tab away from the program you can't get it back until the next showscreen runs.

Kitty Hello