Ubuntu 11 & GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

GLBasic runs fine on Ubuntu 11

Schranz0r

THX, nice to know :D
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mentalthink

Mr Tatoad, any tutorial how do it. What soft you use, wine (sorry! I don´t rebenbe well the name)

Iván J.

MrTAToad

If you want to use the IDE, then WINE is needed (but you can only compile for Windows).  Its somewhat slow, but can be used in emergencies :)  At least until the Linux IDE is finished.

However, to run executables, all you need to do is install the c++ 3 libraries and then SDL Mixer - which installs everything else needed...

mentalthink

Uff, too much complicated for me. And a question, the IDE is developing for Linux, if this is tru, it´s  a great notice...

Thanks for the info.
mentalthink

MrTAToad

I dont know how its getting on - haven't heard from the person doing it, for ages  =D

mentalthink

Hi I try in Linux using cross Over, and I can compile for all platforms, I think iPhone give a little error, but Palm Pre runs fine, I don´t try to use the real devices, I don´t know how connect to Linux. :-[

The steps are very simple, install CrossOver, I try the standard Version, and install the Libraries of frameworks 2008 and 2005 (sorry i don´t remenber very well the name of the files) and this it´s all.

Well for me, when I make a .exe don´t works  :rant: , (F5 in the IDE), but I think, this for people understand Linux, don´t be a great obstacle.

Iván J.

MrTAToad

On Linux, the file isn't an exe file as such - you have to tell the OS it's an executable.