Dino Defense

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Here's an in-game image of my Dino Defense game. Decided against going the Plants vs Zombies route. It's now more like a platform based Tower Defense. It's going well so far. The cavemen are animated, but the dinos aren't yet. The game is actually playable, but lacking a lot.

All graphics and other elements are still very WIP and (c) me.

Hopefully I can get it done for the Pandora comp. I've still got so much to do and I've still not tested on a real Pandora yet. It could all end in tears.  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

that looks sweet.
I like the lemmings-style "toolbar".

spacefractal

Ian, would been cool to start a new thread about this really another nice clone to prevent confuction and hijacking the original thread. Would been nice to follow both game in each thread.

elsewise, its a great change and very great idea :).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

OK. I've split the thread so that I don't hijack the original. Still waiting for a progress report on that game...

Anyway, slow and lacking video demo here -

Vid is less than 50% actual game speed and is obviously VERY early WIP.

What you can see though is a selection of units that will be available in the game and how they function.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Looking great! :good:

any possibility for a blondie virgin to be sacrificed? :P

Crivens

Looks a bit like Renegade 3...

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Wampus

Ian, height/platform is a clever twist on the PvsZ style tower defense game. There are so many clones of PvsZ its become a truly saturated style of game now. Speaking as a huge PvsZ fan this is different enough to be of interest.

Ian Price

Yeah, it's a bit different, but still retains that Tower Defense style. Terrain has a big impact on gameplay. What I haven't shown is that the terrain affects the dinos too.

And Crivens - come over here and say that. I'll punch ya lights out for that statement! :P Renegae 3 was absolute shite.
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Feb-27
And Crivens - come over here and say that. I'll punch ya lights out for that statement! :P Renegae 3 was absolute shite.

Oh god! I remember getting that as a game rental. It was like rushing home expecting to watch the sequel to Fight Club only to find you'd been slipped an episode of The Flintstones, where Barney and Fred get cancer.

Ian Price

QuoteOh god! I remember getting that as a game rental. It was like rushing home expecting to watch the sequel to Fight Club only to find you'd been slipped an episode of The Flintstones, where Barrney and Fred get cancer.
I see we both saw exactly the same thing! I can't believe how awful Renegade 3 was after the first two games were so good.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

I agree, looks great Ian, I will be keeping my eye on this one!  :good:

Quote from: erico on 2012-Feb-27
any possibility for a blondie virgin to be sacrificed? :P
We are talking about in the game Erico? hehe :P
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Crivens

QuoteAnd Crivens - come over here and say that. I'll punch ya lights out for that statement!  Renegae 3 was absolute shite
Good point. But it *looks* like it. If it plays like it then obviously you are going for retro-crap goodness and possibly are insane :)

And yes, the first two were brilliant. Even if the C64 version looked like lego blocks ;)

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Ian Price

QuoteGood point. But it *looks* like it.
Don't worry - most of what you see are just place-holders (even the dinos). I've altered them a fair bit already...
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Just a little update.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

What?? little??

got to be joking, it looks great!
Love the clouds! :-*